Chargeback with Lloyds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

I need abit of advice. I have just found out that I have had someone use my card without my permission (fraudulently- don't know who the person is).

They have used my Visa Debit card to buy into an insurance scheme for a piece of equipment.

Told by Lloyds TSB to go to the company to sort it out.

Went to them and still haggling with the company. Apparently someone who lives nowhere near me with a completely different name has used my card since 0ct 2011!

Its only a small amount every three months that has gone out so I did not notice.

Now went back to Lloyds TSB and told them I wanted my money back. They created a chargeback for me and said the money should be in my account in 24 hours (brilliant). Problems is apparently that they only will refund the past 13 months worth of money.

Is that right?? I cannot find any info online on their website about it so far. Maybe I should let it go and count myself lucky I got any money back?

Thanks

Hi mystil

Welcome to CAG.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such. Explain whats happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do. Send it to the CEO of the Bank. Google the CEO's e-mail details.

contact actionfraud.

id also contact the Lloyds frauddept rather than the telephone banking.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I did contact the fraud dept. of Lloyds and they were the ones that said they would not refund before the 13 month period.

I will see what writing a letter will do. I am hoping the company will give me a full refund and I can give Lloyds back their money but I don't hold much hope with this.

Thanks

They are talking utter twaddle, once a charge is disputed they are supposed to refund the money to your account and then sort the matter out. There is a bit in today's DAILY MAIL financial pages that lists all of the common wrongdoings of this type by the bamks and quotes the necessary regulations they are bound by.

be sure to run this by

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

they can bring pressure to bear also

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...