Suspended Possession Order - next step - threatening eviction

Givuzagame
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Despite the last court hearing when arrears were then £200 (since paid), the mortgage company are now claiming there is £7000 arrears!!!

Our mortgage has actually expired, and they won't remortgage us unless we pay £2000 a month.

We are sorting it out elsewhere but they said they are applying for an eviction date.

Will the court simply grant that to them or will there be a hearing? What should be my next step?

They are fabricating the amounts, can I sue them?

Have they provided a breakdown of these arrears ?

I will try and find someone to help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

Despite the last court hearing when arrears were then £200 (since paid), the mortgage company are now claiming there is £7000 arrears!!!

Our mortgage has actually expired, and they won't remortgage us unless we pay £2000 a month.

We are sorting it out elsewhere but they said they are applying for an eviction date.

Will the court simply grant that to them or will there be a hearing? What should be my next step?

When you say your mortgage has expired, was it an interest only mortgage, or is it just the £7k arrears owing?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi

When you say your mortgage has expired, was it an interest only mortgage, or is it just the £7k arrears owing?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If all the arrears were paid off and the mortgage has come to an end - how can you owe £7,000 - if i was an interest only mortgage they could be claming that the £7k is feeds and legal costs, but it's a bit high for that.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi

They have now decided there are no arrears! However we do owe £115000 balance for which we had a remortgage offer elsewhere. Current building society then said they could help so we submitted proposals. Then they declined them and meantime during delay previous offer expired.

We are reapplying and hope court will grant permission/time for us to get this as feel we have been deliberately delayed. What would you suggest in this instance as they are going for an eviction appointment?

If all the arrears were paid off and the mortgage has come to an end - how can you owe £7,000 - if i was an interest only mortgage they could be claming that the £7k is feeds and legal costs, but it's a bit high for that.

After getting a visit today from another company instructed by their solicitors, he phoned them and they have agreed their are NO ARREARS. How can they get this SO WRONG.

I showed him the email I have stating the arrears.

I presume they were hoping to use that on the suspended possession order...

We do owe the balance and are in process of remortgage.....delayed by their intervention and supposed offer of help.

They deny having phone contact with us but have name of person I have been liasing with...

The stress this has caused should be compensated for, it seems they are a law unto themselves.

A) Complain to the FOS

B) Hurry up with the remortgage as the court no longer has the ability to agree to another suspended possession order as you're at the end of your mortgage term - at best they may give you a reasonable period of time to sort something else out. We're probably talking weeks rather than months.

Yes interest only. Balance £115000. In process of remortgage elsewhere.

We have more than that in equity in property.

They have confirmed now there are no arrears so can the suspended possession order be set aside?

I guess you could apply for it to be removed for sure, it's pretty pointless as sicne you're at the end of your contractual term the lender can apply to take possession anyway.

would they then not have to start a new action? any delay will help.....

If your challenging charges the courts may adjourn which will give you some time to either challenge charges or make other arrangements. The pre action protocol asks if the case is with ombudsman so complain if un successful get a complaint with the ombudsman.

They have decided there are no arrears now......this is how they go on.....

If your challenging charges the courts may adjourn which will give you some time to either challenge charges or make other arrangements. The pre action protocol asks if the case is with ombudsman so complain if un successful get a complaint with the ombudsman.

Now no charges to challenge.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a common misunderstanding.

Arrears mean missed instalments. They are only relevant during the term of the loan.

Once the term of the loan expires, then the full balance is due. There are no arrears as the issue if missed instalments is no longer relevant as the full balance is due.

You will not win this argument based on the arguments you have put forward. You can challenge the charges but the amount advanced to you will ultimately need to be repaid.