Possession order issued (private rented property) help please with question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I'm new to the site and any help would be great. I have been given a possession order from court - landlord issued section 21 using accelerated process as I am on Assured Short hold Tenancy Agreement. I'm not objecting to going, however, I defended my case by asking for extra time as I will be homeless. I have managed to find a new property which is not easy as I have just lost my job and receiving benefits now, but I cannot move into property for another 3 weeks.

I have been told that I can apply to court using N244 form asking for possession order to be suspended for a while. does anyone know if this is possible? I have been dealing with Shelter who have told me they cannot help as I filled in a defense (on their advice) and they cannot help defend again! so any help here would be great. I am panicking now as the possession order is for this week so I need to act urgently.

Thank you so much

Lily

Edited by Lilyrose12

Hello I'm new to the site and any help would be great. I have been given a possession order from court - landlord issued section 21 using accelerated process as I am on assured tenancy agreement. I'm not objecting to going, however, I defended my case by asking for extra time as I will be homeless. I have managed to find a new property which is not easy as I have just lost my job and receiving benefits now, but I cannot move into property for another 3 weeks.

I have been told that I can apply to court using N244 form asking for possession order to be suspended for a while. does anyone know if this is possible? I have been dealing with Shelter who have told me they cannot help as I filled in a defense (on their advice) and they cannot help defend again! so any help here would be great. I am panicking now as the possession order is for this week so I need to act urgently.

Thank you so much

Lily

Hello Lily

Could you just confirm when did you 1st move in

As you said you have a Assured Tenancy "AT"

Or do you mean Assured short hold Tenancy "AST"

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Judge may grant temp suspension until you can move in or he may decide you have had ~2 months to prepare since Court papers were served.

You could stay beyond appointed day until LL arranges Court Bailiffs to legally evict you in 3-4 weeks. It may be shorter if LL gets a cancellation slot.

Expect unhappy LL to claim via SCC for rent until evicted, Bailiff and poss initial Court fees

Alternatively move out by due date and stay with friends until new property available. If Ts are currently occupying new place, there is no guarantee they will vacate on due date .

The most important question here is 'on what date was the possession order granted'? You defended the possession proceedings, so one presumes you were in court that day so you should know the exact date.