I believe I have a fraudulant customer - HELP

G&J
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi... I need your advice

I have been an engraver for many years and 3yrs ago I moved on-line and have had no major complaints. I take a pride in what I do.

The other week I received an order for a Pewter Tankard from a woman in Cornwall. The tankard arived with me from the manufacturer. As always I inspected it for any damage or tiny marks. There was none.

I proceeded with the engraving and plced it in a hard presentation box... then into a well insulated shipping box... Fragile tape all over and posted it off.

She received it on the 15/7/13 but phoned me on the 17/7/13 to inform me the base was damaged in two places but the packeging had received no knocks (undamaged)

I asked her if she could send me a photo of the item to which she later did (several images)

The damage seems to get worse within certain pics and they show a third area of damage to the top (which she did not mention)

So, she is now saying that the damage must of ocurred at my end.... As if! Would I really sent an item out like that??

I am saying the damage could ONLY of ocurred after opening the parcel.

A copy of her email follows along with my answere:

Hi,

I called earlier today with regard to my recent purchase from yourselves of a Celtic Pewter Tankard. I received this item on Monday 15th July. The packaging is all in tact and the gift box is in great condition, however, the tankard itself is damaged in two places which are parallel to each other making the base of the tankard uncircular.

You asked me to take some pictures and send to you. Please see attached photos.

I wish to have a full refund as this item is not in the condition in which I expected it and therefore is not the great gift it was supposed to have been.

Regards

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dear XXXXXX

Thank you for the email and requested photographs. In order to refund we need you to return the item and gift box well packaged.

We are now studying the sequence of the photographs received and have our own opinion on what may have occurred, however we would need to inspect the item ourselves before issuing a refund.

Please note every item is inspected when received from Manufacturer before any engraving is commenced.

Also note that the damage shown in your photographs would not allow this item to be physically placed within the engraving machine as both ends have to be perfectly circular.

As we have been caught out on this before, we started to take photo's of every item before they were despatched and having you admitted and also proven with your images that both the outside packaging and the gift box are totally undamaged then we can only assume that the damage has occurred upon your receipt.

This leaves us two options at the present time:

Return the item for further investigation or you are welcome to invite trading standards to investigate.

Please let us know how you wish to commence

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Her reply:

Dear Sales,

Thank you for your response. I can accept that the item may have been in perfect condition when received from the manufacturer but perhaps the damage occurred after the engraving was completed.

Please may I have a copy of the photographs taken by yourselves of the Tankard before it was dispatched?

I shall also be seeking advice from several consumer bodies.

Yours Faithfully,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trouble is I did not take any photo's although I wish I had.

Hi... I need your advice

I have been an engraver for many years and 3yrs ago I moved on-line and have had no major complaints. I take a pride in what I do.

The other week I received an order for a Pewter Tankard from a woman in Cornwall. The tankard arived with me from the manufacturer. As always I inspected it for any damage or tiny marks. There was none.

I proceeded with the engraving and plced it in a hard presentation box... then into a well insulated shipping box... Fragile tape all over and posted it off.

She received it on the 15/7/13 but phoned me on the 17/7/13 to inform me the base was damaged in two places but the packeging had received no knocks (undamaged)

I asked her if she could send me a photo of the item to which she later did (several images)

The damage seems to get worse within certain pics and they show a third area of damage to the top (which she did not mention)

So, she is now saying that the damage must of ocurred at my end.... As if! Would I really sent an item out like that??

I am saying the damage could ONLY of ocurred after opening the parcel.

A copy of her email follows along with my answere:

Hi,

I called earlier today with regard to my recent purchase from yourselves of a Celtic Pewter Tankard. I received this item on Monday 15th July. The packaging is all in tact and the gift box is in great condition, however, the tankard itself is damaged in two places which are parallel to each other making the base of the tankard uncircular.

You asked me to take some pictures and send to you. Please see attached photos.

I wish to have a full refund as this item is not in the condition in which I expected it and therefore is not the great gift it was supposed to have been.

Regards

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dear XXXXXX

Thank you for the email and requested photographs. In order to refund we need you to return the item and gift box well packaged.

We are now studying the sequence of the photographs received and have our own opinion on what may have occurred, however we would need to inspect the item ourselves before issuing a refund.

Please note every item is inspected when received from Manufacturer before any engraving is commenced.

Also note that the damage shown in your photographs would not allow this item to be physically placed within the engraving machine as both ends have to be perfectly circular.

As we have been caught out on this before, we started to take photo's of every item before they were despatched and having you admitted and also proven with your images that both the outside packaging and the gift box are totally undamaged then we can only assume that the damage has occurred upon your receipt.

This leaves us two options at the present time:

Return the item for further investigation or you are welcome to invite trading standards to investigate.

Please let us know how you wish to commence

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Her reply:

Dear Sales,

Thank you for your response. I can accept that the item may have been in perfect condition when received from the manufacturer but perhaps the damage occurred after the engraving was completed.

Please may I have a copy of the photographs taken by yourselves of the Tankard before it was dispatched?

I shall also be seeking advice from several consumer bodies.

Yours Faithfully,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trouble is I did not take any photo's although I wish I had.

"As we have been caught out on this before, we started to take photo's of every item before they were despatched and having you admitted and also proven with your images that both the outside packaging and the gift box are totally undamaged then we can only assume that the damage has occurred upon your receipt."

"Trouble is I did not take any photo's although I wish I had"

If it came to court, the court would need to decide (on balance of probabilities) who caused the damage, +/- who was being truthful.

By hinting that you'd taken photo's prior to despatch : you have "made a rod for your own back".

Chalk this one up to experience and next time either:

1) take the photo(s), or

2) don't suggest you have photos of the item being despatched.

If you are satisfied that it was ok on despatch and not damaged in transit! then stick to your guns and let them challenge you.

However the fact that you did not take photos on despatch and you said did may well weaken your case.

On receipt of the item refund her and chalk this one down to experience.

May be an idea to enclose a packing slip with any future orders with a 'checked by' initial box 'supervisor check' initial box and a 'packed by' initial check box. This will look as if all your items have gone through a three stage checking process by three different individuals. Any future charlatan will think twice about challenging three 'employees'.

Possibly also enclose a packing photo of the item as well - if you have the right sort of computer printer this is very easy to do.