Can I take legal action against DCA's - Marlins/Lowel/1st credit/aptiv kapital - debts not mine on CRA file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is not a simple error if it has been ongoing for 7 years. It really is as simple as that.

You consider that this is a conspiracy by the debt agencies and creditors against the OP, that they have purposefully plotted to include incorrect data on his file, to what ends exactly ?

I really must cease responding to this thread until the OP comes back

signing out

Dodge

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO. i consider it a normal DCA tactic that they use against tens of thousands of debtors each and every day/week/month/year. DCA's are well known for pulling tricks like this and refuse to enter into any form of discussion. Link/Lowell for example, regularly use defaults/CCJ's/home visits as a form of blackmail in an effort to force the debtor into paying. If the debtor fails to pay as demanded, then they destroy the credit file. Which stays like that for 6 years.

We have seen this hundreds of times and not just on this website, that is why we are arguing against your comments. You seem to be happy in your judgement that a DCA ( or multiple) are allowed to destroy a persons credit file for a debt that isnt theres for 7+ years, then call it a simple error. The same excuse that multiple DCA's use.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

NO. i consider it a normal DCA tactic that they use against tens of thousands of debtors each and every day/week/month/year. DCA's are well known for pulling tricks like this and refuse to enter into any form of discussion. Link/Lowell for example, regularly use defaults/CCJ's/home visits as a form of blackmail in an effort to force the debtor into paying. If the debtor fails to pay as demanded, then they destroy the credit file. Which stays like that for 6 years.

We have seen this hundreds of times and not just on this website, that is why we are arguing against your comments. You seem to be happy in your judgement that a DCA ( or multiple) are allowed to destroy a persons credit file for a debt that isnt theres for 7+ years, then call it a simple error. The same excuse that multiple DCA's use.

So you are saying that DCA's intentionally place incorrect markers on peoples accounts even though they do not have an account, in order to do what exactly ?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Who knows. Its well documented that it happens. Dcas rarely ever obey regulation or guidelines. Unless you work for a dca you'll never get the exact reason why they do the things they do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hi, sorry for butting in on this thread

but if you look at my thread on Simply Be,

they placed a default on my credit reference file in April 2013

and I have been in various payment arrangements with them since 2006.

I am waiting for a response from them to see if it was an error

and that they will remove it form my file or have to take it further if it was a malicious attempt to keep it on my file for 12yrs

as it was due to drop off last month.

These companies and DCA's need to be taken to task and dealt with,

I agree it is not easy doing this as they can be so ignorant at times.

I'm not even going to bother commenting on this today. I suspect the poor OP may have been driven away by so much crazy advice. I'm on to find places where I can contribute more purposefully. It's been an eye-opener!

Who knows. Its well documented that it happens. Dcas rarely ever obey regulation or guidelines. Unless you work for a dca you'll never get the exact reason why they do the things they do.

The reasons for these issues is the quality of administration. DCA's from what I have seen don't operate in a very sophisticated way. There are no super duper IT systems that allow full details of debts to be held, with all the relevant documents scanned. If you go to the legal issues pages on CAG, you will seen numerous cases of Lowell/BW Legal taking bankruptcy forward without even having the relevant documents, if the court/defendent wanted to see them.

So these mistakes are made due to the quality or rather lack of information. DCA's are geared up to collect money and not to offer customer service to look into any issues. I expect that if you contact them about any credit file issues, they won't have the information to know whether a mistake had been made. They would have to contact the original creditors in some cases to obtain more information about the debtor and then to look into the credit records they had noted a default against.

When you have a complaint about a DCA you need to make a formal complaint in writing to their compliance manager, providing details of exactly what the problem is. If they don't resolve your problem you can continue your complaint with the FOS, ICO and CRA's.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If the truth is crazy then so be it.

The reasons for these issues is the quality of administration. DCA's from what I have seen don't operate in a very sophisticated way. There are no super duper IT systems that allow full details of debts to be held, with all the relevant documents scanned. If you go to the legal issues pages on CAG, you will seen numerous cases of Lowell/BW Legal taking bankruptcy forward without even having the relevant documents, if the court/defendent wanted to see them.

So these mistakes are made due to the quality or rather lack of information. DCA's are geared up to collect money and not to offer customer service to look into any issues. I expect that if you contact them about any credit file issues, they won't have the information to know whether a mistake had been made. They would have to contact the original creditors in some cases to obtain more information about the debtor and then to look into the credit records they had noted a default against.

When you have a complaint about a DCA you need to make a formal complaint in writing to their compliance manager, providing details of exactly what the problem is. If they don't resolve your problem you can continue your complaint with the FOS, ICO and CRA's.

Yes absolutely

Thanks all for your advice and time. I am a little confused as to my next step. I suppose the first thing i need to do is get the proof that these are not mine one by one. so which letter would that be? So at the moment I have about 4 on the go that are not mine. Some other pop up at different times.

i si this the right approach in your opinion

1. Send lette back to DCA asking for the proof that the debt is mine

How long do i wait for a reply?

If they do not send me anything or send me something that shows it is not mine what do I do then?

Like I say it is easy to prove who you are but not who you are not. Do i then send the letter (or a similar version of it minus the compensation elements that the Briggadier composed)?

Thanks all for your advice and time. I am a little confused as to my next step. I suppose the first thing i need to do is get the proof that these are not mine one by one. so which letter would that be? So at the moment I have about 4 on the go that are not mine. Some other pop up at different times.

i si this the right approach in your opinion

1. Send lette back to DCA asking for the proof that the debt is mine

How long do i wait for a reply?

If they do not send me anything or send me something that shows it is not mine what do I do then?

Like I say it is easy to prove who you are but not who you are not. Do i then send the letter (or a similar version of it minus the compensation elements that the Briggadier composed)?

If they cannot confirm that you are the debtor in question they should delete all data, if they do not then escalate to the FOS.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you don't want to spend additional money for postage you could just get free proof of postage.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

didnt mean to hijack the thread sorry

OP has been treated very badly by the DCA's. It needs to be sorted properly once and for all.

Their poor treatment of his information and private life is unlawful, without any basis of fact, shred of truth or other such means that should allow such treatment. If after 7 years they haven't got the message its time to take a more forceful approach IMO.

If it was a member of the public threatening all these things, letters, phone calls, text messages etc over 7 years i am sure each and everyone would agree there is a sure fire case of criminal harrasment.

Ultimately its the OP's decision how to proceed and i see he is sending more prove it letters. This was good advice BTW.

I guess these will have the effect of a 3-6 month halt in contact by these rogues before some other poor soul who has been employed by the DCA's is lured into the murky world of harrassment.

to OP please keep posting the progress of the matter, as it may help the many others who read this forum to deal with a similar situation.

I am fighting it all the way :-x

Something else i have just noticed. they have put the default against my current addres whiich I have lived in less that 2 years.

The date of default in the CRA file is 28/01/2009.

If you have a default would it not be against the address that you lived at when the account was opened

or defualted or is it where you are when they decide you are the person they are after?

I know for a fact they cannot put it against any of my previous addresses as they would not match what it really is?

Hi stockport many creditors will use a combination of the 3 main CRAs, contrary to popular belief the CRAs do not share data.

Also credit file data is on the individual NOT the address .

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Finally got access to callcredit file. Oh jesus !!!!! this could be where the issues are.

I have linked addresses that I have never lived at. Default accounts all over the place and even a CCJ !!!!

I think i will need to get this cleared up first otherwise they will just carry on coming at me I think..

Bizarre that a company call CALL credit asks you to write to them. no number.

Ok, Call Credit is not a Major CRA in the greater picture of credit referencing.

These linked addresses, the companies placing the entries are the things to be addressed first, despite all else the letter drafted for you is the way to go, polite piffle just wont cut it.

So the notice of disassociation in said letter now has to be expanded to cover the linked addresses.

You certainly need to place a notice of dispute on these files asap, so I'll try to find a number for you.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Finally got access to callcredit file. Oh jesus !!!!! this could be where the issues are. I have linked addresses that I have never lived at. Default accounts all over the place and even a CCJ !!!! I think i will need to get this cleared up first otherwise they will just carry on coming at me I think.. Bizarre that a company call CALL credit asks you to write to them. no number.

I got rid of some linked addresses on my account by a simple compliant via Noddle. It really doesn't take any ridiculous threats that cannot be followed up .

Politeness is never wasted IMO.

Dodge

Finally got access to callcredit file. Oh jesus !!!!! this could be where the issues are. I have linked addresses that I have never lived at. Default accounts all over the place and even a CCJ !!!! I think i will need to get this cleared up first otherwise they will just carry on coming at me I think.. Bizarre that a company call CALL credit asks you to write to them. no number.

OK, so you know the full picture which is good. How many default accounts are you talking about exactly? Is each with a different company, or are some with the same company? If so, how many companies are you talking about?

The CCJ can be set aside using Form N244 which you can find from this link:

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/HMCTS/FormFinder.do

Whilst the CCJ might be on your Credit file, is it actually on the Judgment list..

check trustonline

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

After picking myself up of the floor i checked again and it is an IVA not a CCJ. The other thing is on the electoral role section it has two og my addresses and one i have neverr heard of on Birmimgham

2 x Marlin

4 x Lowell

2 x Quickquid

1 x Arrow Global

1 x Melgold Ltd (the country garden)

1 x Welcome Finance (13K)

2 x Nat West Bank

1 x Nat West Loans

1 x Orange

That doesnt include the settled ones that are not mine that is just the defaults