Not Happy With Tesco Mobile Service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've got a contract with Tesco Mobile which is due to expire in October. However, I want to get out of the contract early as I am unhappy with the service they are providing me.

It all started when my mobile, an HTC Desire HD A9191, started acting up by randomly rebooting itself every few minutes. I sent it away for repairs and it came back to me some time later — but the fault hadn't been fixed.

I sent it away again, and I got it back. It turned out to have been a waste of time, as the problem STILL persisted.

I decided to use this when trying to get out of my contract. After all, I am paying £30 a month to use Tesco's services — and you'd think actually fixing the phone when it's faulty would be a part of that service.

However, they flat out refused to let me get out of the contract without paying over £200 in remaining line rental, nor would they give me a refund.

I'm at my wit's end here. Surely there is something I can do to get what I want?

Did you use soga

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Then use it. It covers you completely and has done since your phone first started exhibiting issues. The problem you have right now, is because you havent followed SOGA, the telephone reps/phone company are treating you the same as someone who just wants to end their contract early, when infact your situation is completely different.

What i would advise is for you to put a formal complaint in writing to the head office of the phone company and send it recorded delivery. STAY OFF THE PHONE from now on. You need everything in writing so you have clear evidence, should you need to take any further action against them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Follow their complaints code located here

Personally I would escalate the complaint to roger.fogg@uk.tesco.com (he's the Chief Executive)

Explain they have failed 2 repairs, you feel now they should replace the phone.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

UPDATE: Tesco Mobile's Technical Support team phoned me on Saturday 20th. They offered me an exchange, but not in the sense I expected. Instead of a brand-new phone it would have been an old one sent back to them by someone else. I refused the offer and stressed my wish to get out of the contract.

Someone from their Customer Care team will be phoning me later today to discuss the matter. What can I say to get out of the contract without paying another penny? And what, if anything, can I do to get at least SOME of the money that I've paid them back?

a little FYI

the phone they would send would not be new.

Most of the time, these are phones returned within the "cooling off period"

They are obligated to repair or replace... nothing says it has to be a brand new replacement.

Anything further that they offer will be over and above the minimum that they are obliged to do.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

they are obligated to offer a repair replacement or refund. As far as I see you have no room to demand further.

I hope they offer you what you want keep in mind I don't know how much further you can push this.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar