Liverpool Pathway

Lindamannion
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So pleased to hear today have stopped the barbaric use of Liverpool Pathway, my mother was put on that after having a fall in the hospital, she had a bleed to the brain caused by an overdose of blood thinner and also giving her aspirin, despite five doctors insisting she had a bleed to the brain and fell, proved wrong at the autopsy, sadly she died of head trauma.

I was told she would never get any better and was dying, she was put on the Liverpool Pathway after three days, I was called out of her room and when l went back all fluids had been removed, her nightdress just laid on her, her feet left exposed at the end of the bed and not covered. The first day she was distressed but gave up on the second and passed away after three days. I cannot describe how l felt sitting watching her die for three days. Pleased no one else will have to go through that.

That is a truly horrendous story Lindammanion. I too amy glad that the LCP is being phased out. I cannot understand how anyone in the medical profession could ever have thought this was in anyway humane. We would condemn anyone who treated an animal in this way. On top of this I think too many mistakes have been made, with the medics quick to give up on a patient because they either lack the knowledge to treat them or they are under pressure to release the bed. Truly horrible.