Claim form issued by Lowells - ex Capital One account***Claim Discontinued***

steve1963
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So you are confirming no written acknowledgement and payment have been made in 6 years?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in that case you have a Complete defence as the debt is SB.

Just be aware that lowell will claim that you made a payment in september/November 2007.

If they do, you need to demand they provide complete and conclusive proof the payment was genuine.

If they state you made it by bank/PO,

then you want to demand that they provide ALL info surrounding the transaction, such as sort codes, account numbers, reference numbers.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

You would need to SAR them, or, and im not sure about this, you can send a CPR. Hang tight and hopefully someone with more knowledge of the court system can advise. In the meantime, make sure you follow those timeframes, so they dont get judgement by default.

wont hurt to ring cap1 and ASK

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Make sure to record the call as well!

Looking back a some Capone cases the latest date I can find for a default was 7 months after the cause of action, the average is 4 months, so very likely already statute barred, so why not phone CAPONE and ask for the date of the last payment?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Ok will do, if it is the case that the last payment was over 6 years ago does the process still carry on as prescribed? Do I still send the letter to the solicitors and the acknowledgement to the court?

Yes once you have the information you could suggest politely that the case is discontinued for the sake of saving costs and court time.

State the claim will be defended in full.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

OK will let you know what Cap one say, for some reason the thought of ringing them makes me feel uneasy:|

The call cannot affect the status of the account, cannot reset the SB 6 year clock. Capone have no axe to grind now Lowell own the account.

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS

OK will let you know what Cap one say, for some reason the thought of ringing them makes me feel uneasy:|

You don't really have much choice. You can either telephone them and ask when the last payment was made to them or send a CPR part 18 to Lowells.

You know you haven't made any payment to Lowell so they are going to have to provide you with a date prior to the assignment.

I have attached a draft CPR part 18 below - but check Capone out first.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45189[/ATTACH]

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Called Cap1 and the account number isn't recognised so the fella tried to find the account using our home tel number still nothing, then he tried using the postcode, still nothing so I guess we are no further on. He gave me an address to write toneutral.gif

Called Cap1 and the account number isn't recognised so the fella tried to find the account using our home tel number still nothing, then he tried using the postcode, still nothing so I guess we are no further on. He gave me an address to write toneutral.gif

In this situation, I would send the CPR 18 that I drafted for you in an earlier post, to the solicitors acting on behalf of the claimant.

Put them to proof of the last payment.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Right spent a few hours up in the loft this weekend searching through paperwork (twas a tad warm up there)

I still don't have conclusive proof of when the last payment was made though.

I did find the stuff Cap1 sent when I did the CCA request back in early 2008

(don't think it was the first request),

they sent back a Form 4405 application certificate and generic copies of default notices with no dates, names or account numbers on.

I seem to recall they also sent a copy of their current T&Cs.

They didn't ever send a copy of the CCA.

I have done the Acknowledgement of Service on line and have drafted a copy of the 31.14 Request citizenB kindly provided

and will send it tomorrow my only concern is that the address I have is a PO Box,

I want to get it registered and signed for so I'm not sure what to do.

Does anyone have an alternative address for Sharp Young and Pearce LLC in Nottingham?

Is that the address they give on the claim form, Steve ?

This is the address of their offices, from their web site - is it the one they show on the claim form ?

Sharp Young & Pearce

6 Weekday Cross

Nottingham

NG1 2GF

BCOBS

Sent the request today fully trackable to the head office address.

Print off the receipt from the Royal Mail website once it is available.

BCOBS