style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In the contract each bailiff company enforcing Magistrates Court fines has a "warrant handling" period of 180 days ( 6 months). This can be extended if a payment arrangement is ongoing.

What I still find worrying is that you were WILLING to pay the bailiff .

The problem that the bailiff companies have with accepting payment arrangements is that the agreements reached with HMCTS to enforce these fines specifically provide that if any payments are made to the bailiff company this will first be applied to discharging the court FINE and the fees will can be deducted last. What this means is that if an individual bailiff were to accept a payment arrangement spread over 4 months ( which they are allowed to do) then the bailiff will not get his commission until after the 4th month.

This is why it is so important to ensure that matters are dealt with BEFORE a visit is made. In this case....... on receipt of the initial letter from Collectica Ltd.

In the case of your son....the warrant will now be returned to the court and the bailiff fees will be removed.

Incidentally do you have a bolt on the door? That should deal with any locksmith as they can't get through dead bolts.

"Join our Campaign for Change and help drive the industry forward." ~ Rossendales

Yeah I'll help you drive the industry forward. Forward off Beachy Head! ~ Me