Suspended possession order cancellation

helpme23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help? I have had problems with everyone's favourite mortgage company and had a suspended possession order served on me in 2007 - I have just cleared all arrears and am now working on recovering charges - now I owe nothing - can I apply to have the possession order cancelled as the mortgage company have refused to move it? I just want to get it cancelled so if I do hit problems again at a later date I have some protection from immediate eviction.

I would check with the land registry first off, I think that will cost £4. This will show who, if anyone, has any charges or possession orders on your house. These companies like to mess you around, on clearance of any arrears, the possession order ceases.

Give the court a ring, and get any markers etc taken off your credit record.

You need to apply to the court to have the SPO removed, however the lender can oppose this as they will want to see 6 - 12 months of continuous payment on time before they will agree.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Okay, I have paid the amounts ordered by the court for six months, so have kept to a payment arrangement (albeit clearing arrears) would that count? Or would I need 6-12 months of CMI payment without paying arrears as well?

You would need 6 -12 months consistent CMI payments after the arrears are cleared

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.