HFO are they still active?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

newbie here hope you can help.

My partner had a debt from Barclaycard which was taken over by HFO in 2008. After some communication and threats of Baillffs from HFO my partner agreed to pay a set amount each month, which she has continued to do so ever since. In the intervening years she has tried to contact them to advise of change of address etc and also to ask for a settlement figure but has been unable to make contact with anyone from the company. During this time she has never received a yearly statement from HFO. We have since heard that HFO are no longer in business but the direct debit that is in place is still being called every month and being paid. Can any of you advise us on what we should do?? should we continue to pay or stop the DD. How can we find if the debt has been discharged etc?? We have checked her Credit report through Experian and they make no mention of the debt. Heres hoping you can help us out with some advice.

Hi All,

My partner had a debt from Barclaycard which was taken over by HFO in 2008. After some communication and threats of Baillffs from HFO my partner agreed to pay a set amount each month, which she has continued to do so ever since. In the intervening years she has tried to contact them to advise of change of address etc and also to ask for a settlement figure but has been unable to make contact with anyone from the company. During this time she has never received a yearly statement from HFO. We have since heard that HFO are no longer in business but the direct debit that is in place is still being called every month and being paid. Can any of you advise us on what we should do?? should we continue to pay or stop the DD. How can we find if the debt has been discharged etc?? We have checked her Credit report through Experian and they make no mention of the debt. Heres hoping you can help us out with some advice.

Yes they're still about, but only just, personally I wouldn't pay them a penny, did you ever do a CCA request?

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

• 1 month later...
Hi All,

Hi nahpah

Stop the DD - see if anyone notices! For future reference, never pay a creditor by DD

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate