MBNA debt - Rockwell/wetcloths now arrows/carter

cornishpixi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have done all the usual letters 3 years ago!!!

- have now had a letter from a debt agency

I know there is a template letter saying that MBNA cannot pass the debt on it is in dispute

and they have not supplied a CCA etc but cant find it can anyone help please

cornish

what letters? what's the background?

a disputed cca does not auto prevent 'normal' collection procedures, such as dca, default, assignment, even litigation! etc.

note the Lending Code, OFT guidance on debt collection/cca requests, ICO guidance on defaults etc. have a read around cag. including the blogs.

imo

Edited by Ford

Hello cornishpixi, and welcome to CAG! :-)

Unfortunately, as Ford says above, putting the account in dispute won't stop the DCAs, threats, etc.

When I joined CAG I thought all I had to do was ask for the card agreement and if they didn't supply it, or supplied it and it had no prescribed terms, then that would mean that I could put the account in dispute and they would just say okay then and go away. Oh dear!!!! If only it was that simple.

Anyway, who is the letter from?

DD

when was YOUR last financial transaction?

does it show on your CRA file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Havent paid anything since Dec 08,

the debt collectors are Westcot

I have asked them to prove that I owe the debt,

the letter they sent me 2 years ago was addressed to someone else!!!

The account has been in dispute since Feb 09

I took advice from CAG then as they could not supply a CCA showing that I had signed or any legal terms and conditions

• 1 month later...

Westcot have been chasing me on behalf of MBNA

I wrote and asked them to prove I owed the debt,

had a letter today saying they are passing it back to MBNA they cannot prove it neither can MBNA

- this has happened before with another agency and I hear nothing again for a couple of years then they try again!!!!

phishing list debt

is it on your cra file?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 6 months later...

I am being chased for a debt which I apparently owe Arrow - no idea who they are,

Debt Management are saying that they will turn up on my doorstep to collect the debt,

am I right in thinking that it is illegal to turn up on my doorstep.

I have written a prove it letter sent recorded hope this is right. Thanks

doorsteppers have no legal powers anyhow

just like everything a dca does .

there is nothing illegal - its civil law - unlawful - not criminal - illegal.

as much as it would be nice.

anyhow

check your cra file before you move toward doing anything

dx

and they

off to the phishing list again then...

next fleecer to try i'm ready!!

dx

and they

• 2 months later...
I am being chased for a debt which I apparently owe Arrow - no idea who they are, Debt Management are saying that they will turn up on my doorstep to collect the debt, am I right in thinking that it is illegal to turn up on my doorstep. I have written a prove it letter sent recorded hope this is right. Thanks

I have received two letters from these and numerous phone calls. I rang them yesterday abd they asked me for my previous address i fave it to them they adked when i lived in Liverpool i responded by telling them never, i was asked was i sure! After a couple of minutes and a few harsh wirds they informed me it was a case of misraken identity and would put notes on their system. My reply was well if you musrake me again for this person i will contact a solicitor and the oft

start your own thread please

see below

dx

and they

• 1 year later...

I have had a letter from Rockwell today,

they enclose a copy of my original signed agreement

please dont ask me to post a copy on here I got in such a pickle last time trying to do it!! sorry,

it is a signed Credit card request, it has down the sides detach and moisen here to seal

its not a legal credit agreement T&C are copied on the back

this is a form I filled out and sent off in 1997.

Somewhere on here is a letter that I can send saying it is not a legal agreement I sent one to MBNA back in 2009.

The account is in dispute with them but they have sold it on.

Can someone please let me know what the letter is I should send.

Thanks very much

I have had a letter from Rockwell today, they enclose a copy of my original signed agreement please dont ask me to post a copy on here I got in such a pickle last time trying to do it!! sorry, it is a signed Credit card request, it has down the sides detach and moisen here to seal so its not a legal credit agreement T&C are copied on the back so this is a form I filled out and sent off in 1997. Somewhere on here is a letter that I can send saying it is not a legal agreement I sent one to MBNA back in 2009. The account is in dispute with them but they have sold it on. Can someone please let me know what the letter is I should send. Thanks very much

MBNA used a lot of 'dual purpose' app/agreement forms over the years on these 'promotions' on cards.

Are there any notes made on this for by hand od any stamps or similar markings.

Does this form have the usual 'this is a credit agreement regulated under CCA 1974, sign it only if you wish to bound by this etc?

What does Rockwells covering letter say please?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

MBNA used a lot of 'dual purpose' app/agreement forms over the years on these 'promotions' on cards.

Are there any notes made on this for by hand od any stamps or similar markings.

Yes numbers written on it and a signature I assume to be by someone from MBNA signed across the card holders application and declaration, a stamp stating received date but no date or authorisation for the card to be processed.

Does this form have the usual 'this is a credit agreement regulated under CCA 1974, sign it only if you wish to bound by this etc?

Yes it does, but it looks like my signature has been added it just doesnt look right.

What does Rockwells covering letter say please?

That I have an obligation under section 77 of the CCA and it is enforceable and they want me to complete a financial statement very short letter.

The account is in dispute and has been since 2009.

Thankyou

Ok, selling the debt whilst in dispute is not going to mean any thing I'm afraid.

You say that you filled in the card and sent if off to apply for the card and received the card subsequent to that application?

I'm trying to put together a picture of how MBNA would be able to add your signature to the application if this was your first

dealing with the company, and this would mean that the only 'document' signed would be the app card.

I can't at the moment see a way to challenge the validity of the app as not being an agreement, unless you can honestly state the signature is

not the one you used at the time of the application.

Information gathering. This was sold on in 2009? Who to? Has this been in the hands of any other DCA ant any time?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The debt has been sold to Rockwell, Westcott, Arrow, (who I think may be part of Rockwell) Aegis to name but a few. My arguement is that what they have sent me is a credit card request not a Credit card agreement no interest rate - no credit limit - no repayment details.

Thanks

2 old threads merged here

you are on a phishing list

ignore them

dx

and they

• 1 year later...

Received a letter today from Arrow Global.

Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd was assigned the above numbered account in the name of *** from MBNA effective 07/12/2011.

Notification of the assignment pursuant to the Law of Property Act1925 was provided to you

at the time to the address provided by MBNA at the time of assignment.

The account related to MBNA account No *** and to the current outstanding balance of***

The account is in the process of being outsourced to our external agents who will contact you in due course.

Whilst we realise this is not the response you had hoped to receive we can confirm we have now exhausted our internal dispute process.

We do not believe any further investigation would add any value to the resolution of your dispute.

We enclose a copy of MBNAs final response to you dated 28/10/2011.

Can anyone please advise what I should do please.

Thanks