harassment at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening,

I am off from work ,signed off by doctor due to stres at work already twice in row, first for 2 weeks and again for 2 weeks. I am witting the grieavance to our HR but I am scared what will happen to me . I know I will lose my job if I return to work ,they will do their best to put me down. The grieavance is about bulliyng me ,ignoring me,removing my reponsibilities,overloading me and etc. I work for them over one year. Do they pay me full paid while I got doctors notice that is wok related? Can you advice me about my rights and what I should do ?

To be honest I feel pushed to the side and I do not want to come back as I am scared what they will do to me.

Thank you for your advice.

Many regards

Lea

This mind help you to undestant more deeply my situation :

Abuse of positionwhich makes me feel frightened, threatened and caused distress.

20/03/2013 Manager informed meunlawfully about me being on probationary period due to being too soft at thepeople and being offensive by abusing the word “please” – no previous negativefeedback. ( I have already passed my probation more than year ago)

20/06/2013 just 3 months ago I was told that I am too softand now I am too tough said by: Manager.

Preventing a personprogressing by intentionally blocking remuneration or promotion. In manyemails I was called as a shift manager, person in charge, supervisor and etc...but my job title is Team leader. I have been fulfilling duties which are notintended for Team leader and that is why I was trying to arrange many meetingswith my managers to discuss my concerns. Unfortunately all of my calls, emails,and meetings were ignored, unanswered, cancelled.

Bullying/unfaircriticism

- Overloading:expecting me to do task I am not aware I am responsible for. (Managerleading the daily meetings with team leaders on day shift, they agree to dosome changes but they never inform me about ,till I do not get blamed for notfollowing them.

- Managr instead of supporting me as he is awarethat I am running the shift on my own, he constantly criticize all my effortsto fulfill my known duties.

- I am only team leader who does thepicking/packing plus my responsibilities but on 27/06/2013 I was asked by Manager to fulfillthe KPI sheet also.

- Responsibility/authorization removed – no reason given.

Lack of support:

Accident what occurred on 24/04/2013 around 3AM left most ofus with traumatic memories. Not just me but all my work colleagues wereexpecting kind of support or interest from managers as we had to deal with thaton our own.

Always when I try to contact my manager for advice there isno respond from her site .

another Manager advices: I do not know, I need to ask anoter Manager or he gives me the alternative solution but in the end I am the bad.

Hi Lea,

Sorry to hear about your situation at work.

I know that you have said you had more than one year at work before the period of absence commenced - could I ask how long you had worked there?

Without, giving precise details, could you tell us what kind of job you do / did?

Che

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

Hi Che,

I work for them since 25th of June 2012 on contract but before I was employed through the agency for 12 weeks .It is a warehouse environment. I've been hired as a team leader but after a while they've been adding more and more responsibilities . Even they gave me job description for Shift supervisor plus I've been working night shifts and I am the person responsible for all building ,security and productivity through my shift . I am currently off sick second week and today my doctor signed me off for another 2 weeks.

Than you for reply.

Lea

Hi Lea,

Well the tory boy changes to the law mean that with a start date of 25th June 2012, you would need 2 years continuous service before you could bring an 'ordinary' unfair dismissal claim:

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3733

So, that said unless there is some kind of discrimination angle, your options could be, in reality, somewhat limited.

If this were F2F advice, I would ask you, before you submit the grievance, how much you need this job in terms of, 'could you meet essential payments for a few months if you lost it?'

I have to say, that for right or wrong, unless you can 'pull out a trump card' as regards the Equalities Act then in reality your options are somewhat limited, and consequentially perhaps a grievance at this stage is not the best option.

Can I ask what type of company this is - i.e. approximatley how many people they employ? I ask to ascertain, exactly what their grievance policy states, and what their view would be to this.

Che

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

Hi Che,

The job is not that essential to me than my health and my calm so thats mean I can handle the financial situation till I find some other job. So you recomend me to not write a grievance and just quit ?

The company employs more than 100 people. Its like e-shop, customer ordres something online and we despatch it asap .

Lea

Never resign. Make them dismiss you.

never resign until you have a new job to go to; the market is tough at the moment.

Your grievance currently reads like a list of grumbles. I don't think it will do you much good, but if yo want to put it in , you need more evidence/examples in it. What specifically was said, the exact words, when, in what environment. Remove "preventing progression" - you have just barely started, this is not a realistic expectation. Neither is lack of support - your manager has no legal obligation to deal with your emotional needs.

This does not srike me as a organisation that cares about feelings, so talk about process instead. Probation proces, and workload allocation specifically. Pick the one or two big ticket items and focus on them.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I wont sent anyhing to them ,just my another sick note . I will take a first job what will be aviable and resign from that company.

Thank you very much for helpfull advices.

Lea