Stopping finance payments

kev100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I just wanted to know where I stand on stopping finance payments for something that Ihas not been done correctly.

I had my eyes corrected at optimax which cost me £5500 back in February, they are still not correct, I have trouble seeing out of them and now cant drive at night, I have been back to Optimax several times and I feel they are fobbing me off (now getting a second opinion at a hospital).

Optimax keep saying they will take time to correct, but they seem to be getting worse and it feels like the lenses they implanted are not sitting well, all my other friends who had the same procedure could see immediately and have had no problems.

What I want to know is, can I stop the finance payments to force opyimax to actually take me seriously and sort out my eyes.

The problem I see is that the payments are being made to a finance company and not optimax direct, I am assuming optimax have already been paid in full by the finance company and as such my payment contract is with the finance company and if I stop payments are worried they will take court action to claim the outstanding money.

I stress I only want to stop payments until optimax sort out the problem..

Thanks for your help

Kev

yes...complain to the finance company and do not let them ignore you...your contract is with the finance company - do not withold any payments what so ever....if they will not play ball write the a letter of complaint - title it "formal complaint" - explain the issue and tell them what you want done about it then tell them how long they have to reply with a solution - i wouold suggest 14 days is long enough due to the difficulties it has put you under

• 3 weeks later...