Missing the COST fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all,

Great website!!

I have this. What do I do? Are there any grounds of the council wavering this because the figure is not on there? I went online and it says 65.00 quid though.

Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Mo[ATTACH=CONFIG]44805[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44807[/ATTACH]

That looks like the back. What's it say on the front?

Here is the front page.

Next page has picture of contravention

I made a representation.

The reason I stated was that my son was very sick and I had to stop as he was puking up and he was getting hysterical so I had to park emergency on the pavement (see attached picture)

I haven't responded to it yet.[ATTACH=CONFIG]44818[/ATTACH]

What about the original PCN?

What I meant was, is the amount due missing from the original PCN?

The reason I stated was that my son was very sick and I had to stop as he was puking up and he was getting hysterical so I had to park emergency on the pavement (see attached picture)

In their NoR, they claim the road was wide enough to park on the carriageway.

You would have to take this to adjudication, but personally I doubt that missing the amount from the NoR would persuade an adjudicator to cancel the ticket.

I made a representation.

I haven't responded to it yet.[ATTACH=CONFIG]44818[/ATTACH]

What do you suggest I do. If I do send to adjudicator on what grounds shoul I appeal? The same reason being my son or the missing figure? And how should I write it (polite or disheartened - son) (matter of fact - missing sum of money)

Thanks,

Mo

If it were me I would try it on. That letter tells you what you have to do and it only says the amount owing in one place. It says pay £00.

I know it's a risk, but I think I would take it. I would email parking and ask them if they can give you a categorical answer - if you pay the full amount stated on a Notice of Rejection, within the time frame given, will the PCN be settled with no further communication from them.

They will say "Yes".

You send them cheque for zero.

When the NTO comes, you contest by ticking the box saying the PCN has already been paid. Enclose a copy of the letter, a copy of the cheque and a copy of the email and say you have done exactly what they asked.

I think you stand a decent chance with it!

I know it's a risk, but I think I would take it. I would email parking and ask them if they can give you a categorical answer - if you pay the discounted amount stated on a Notice of Rejection, within the time frame given, will the PCN be settled with no further communication from them.

Wouldn't they want some medical evidence to back up the OP's story?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

If it were me I would try it on. That letter tells you what you have to do and it only says the amount owing in one place. It says pay £00.

I know it's a risk, but I think I would take it. I would email parking and ask them if they can give you a categorical answer - if you pay the full amount stated on a Notice of Rejection, within the time frame given, will the PCN be settled with no further communication from them.

They will say "Yes".

You send them cheque for zero.

When the NTO comes, you contest by ticking the box saying the PCN has already been paid. Enclose a copy of the letter, a copy of the cheque and a copy of the email and say you have done exactly what they asked.

I think you stand a decent chance with it!

i would do this as well to be honest, its telling you to pay 0 pence so send a cheque for 0 pence but make a copy and recorded delivery (id even video you putting the cheque of 0p in the envelope and posting it then you have a video back up if they say you havent sent nothing at all (technically you wont be with 0 pence).

same principles apply in a shop, if its marked up wrong you pay that price not what its meant to be priced at

same principles apply in a shop, if its marked up wrong you pay that price not what its meant to be priced at

not actually true. The sale isn't agreed until the checkout so the shop could point out the error in pricing and allow you to consider whether you wish to continue with the purchase. Generally for small value items such as grocery goods they tend to just sell it to you at the marked price for good customer relations, but for higher value ticketed items they will probably withdraw it from sale to be price corrected.

not actually true. The sale isn't agreed until the checkout so the shop could point out the error in pricing and allow you to consider whether you wish to continue with the purchase. Generally for small value items such as grocery goods they tend to just sell it to you at the marked price for good customer relations, but for higher value ticketed items they will probably withdraw it from sale to be price corrected.

Sorry I retract that then :)

I've always argued it in the shop and got it at the price marked

Sorry I retract that then :)

I've always argued it in the shop and got it at the price marked

As I said, for small items that would be the case, but for larger, I'd be surprised if they agreed.

eg they will be happy to sell you a loaf of bread marked up as 69p instead of 99p. But if a TV has been marked at £3.49 instead of £349 I doubt they will be so willing.