style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I used my current address, but they said as the old address was the only one on their system it went there.

We didn't bother updating any addresses of old cards, as we assumed they were closed and were not used since about 2001, and (thought) this one was paid off in about 2007.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pers i'd expect it to go to the address of your sar letter

their mistake they should send it again the foc

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If BC sent the data to your old address AFTER you informed them of your new address, they have made a major mistake and failed to adequately protect your data as required by the Data Protection Act. I would seek compensation for their error as you have no idea who has had access to all the SAR data they sent to your old address.

They must supply the data to you at your current address or to your branch as they said they'd do previously.

And they should do this as a matter of urgency.

Make a formal written complaint to Barclays HQ about this nonsense and tell them you want compensating plus your SAR data within 14 days.

You should also make a formal complaint about this to the ICO.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick, well its like I said in post 76.

When I sent the SAR, I put in the address we were living at at the time my H held the card to help them. I thought they would have sent anything to the address I gave at the top of my letter(s).

I will draft a letter tomorrow, although I'll need one of you clever people to look over it as I'm not great at these things lol

Post your draft here and we'll be happy to advise on any changes.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

No Harm in doing it but you need the data from the bank to verify what PPI was paid and check they're offering to refund the correct amount.

I've been sending letters to - Barclaycard Customer relations, PO Box 9131, 51 Saffron Way, Leicester, LE18 9DE.

The reply I received had this address at the top - Privacy & Data Protection, Radbroke Hall, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 9EU.

And the address the lady in my branch gave to send the FOS form off is - PPI, Barclaycard House, 1234 Pavillion Drive, Northampton, NN4 7SG.

Should I stick with the original address or switch to one of the others for my next letters?

Post your draft here and we'll be happy to advise on any changes.

Thanks Slick.

Here's my letter, please feel free to tell me about anything that needs adjusting :)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Formal Complaint Under the Consumer Credit Act 2006.

I am in receipt of the letter you have sent in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated 14th August 2013.

The Subject Access request has not arrived at my current address.

After communicating with a personal banker at my loca lxxxxxxxx branch on 20th August 2013, I was informed my SAR request had been sent to an address I used to live at at the time of holding the Barclaycard and Providian card.

I thought Barclaycard would have sent all correspondence to the address I gave at the top of my SAR request letter (My current address - xxxxx xxxxx).

Barclaycard have made a major mistake in sending my SAR to the wrong address and failed to adequately protect my data as required by the Data Protection Act.

I would like to seek compensation for Barclaycards error. I have no idea who has had access to all the SAR data they sent to my old address.

Please consider this letter a formal complaint under your complaints handling scheme set up under the consumer credit act 2006. I request acknowledgement of this letter in a reasonable time frame, with a copy of your companies complaint procedure.

You must supply a copy of the Subject access Request I require, and send to my current address or to my local branch as you said you would do previously.

You should do this as a matter of urgency, and I expect compensation and a copy of my SAR within 14 days.

Yours Faithfully,

No Harm in doing it but you need the data from the bank to verify what PPI was paid and check they're offering to refund the correct amount.

With regards to filling in the FOS form, will they require any proof of employment or savings at the time?

The company my H worked at at the time closed down about years ago, and we don't have any paperwork.

Hi Fuzzy,

Send the complaint to this address by RM Signed For delivery - Barclays Bank PLC t/a Barclaycard, Privacy & Data Protection, Radbroke Hall, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 9EU.

If I have anything wrong, your should of course correct it.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Formal Complaint Regarding my Subject Access Request and the Data Protection Act

I refer to your letter of 14th August 2013, sent in response to my Subject Access Request made under the Data Protection Act.

The data that should have either been sent to me at my current address or sent to my local Barclays Bank branch for collection.

My branch told me on 20th August that all my personal data was sent to my old address, despite you having my new address on record. This is a serious breach of the Data Protection Act and I expect to be properly compensated by you for sending all my data to an old address.

A formal complaint will also be made to the ICO.

I expect your compensation proposals to be made within the next 14 days.

I also expect my personal data to be sent to me within 14 days, as per my original Subject Access Request of xxdate.

This refers to the Barclaycard account formerly run by Providian.

Yours Faithfully,

Thanks so much Slick.

The bit where it says "This refers to the Barclaycard account formerly run by Providian." Does that need to be in there, as I thought the SAR was just all info about my husband (the Barclaycard and the Providian card).

You could revise to say :-

"This refers to the Barclaycard account formerly run by Providian, as well as all other data held by Barclays about me."

Sorry I didn't cover this above..............

I think it will be adequate to just supply the data they want.

I doubt they'll require evidence for your answers but, if they do, we can deal with that later.

If BC sent the data to your old address AFTER you informed them of your new address, they have made a major mistake and failed to adequately protect your data as required by the Data Protection Act. I would seek compensation for their error as you have no idea who has had access to all the SAR data they sent to your old address.

They must supply the data to you at your current address or to your branch as they said they'd do previously.

And they should do this as a matter of urgency.

Make a formal written complaint to Barclays HQ about this nonsense and tell them you want compensating plus your SAR data within 14 days.

You should also make a formal complaint about this to the ICO.

Just wondering how I'd go about doing this.. is it here?

http://www.ico.org.uk/complaints/handling

Yes, follow the ICO guidance on making a formal complaint to them.

Have you written to Barclays HQ yet ?

Hi Fuzzy,

Send the complaint to this address by RM Signed For delivery - Barclays Bank PLC t/a Barclaycard, Privacy & Data Protection, Radbroke Hall, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 9EU.

If I have anything wrong, your should of course correct it.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Formal Complaint Regarding my Subject Access Request and the Data Protection Act

I refer to your letter of 14th August 2013, sent in response to my Subject Access Request made under the Data Protection Act.

The data that should have either been sent to me at my current address or sent to my local Barclays Bank branch for collection.

My branch told me on 20th August that all my personal data was sent to my old address, despite you having my new address on record. This is a serious breach of the Data Protection Act and I expect to be properly compensated by you for sending all my data to an old address.

A formal complaint will also be made to the ICO.

I expect your compensation proposals to be made within the next 14 days.

I also expect my personal data to be sent to me within 14 days, as per my original Subject Access Request of xxdate.

This refers to the Barclaycard account formerly run by Providian.

Yours Faithfully,

This complaint letter was received by Barclays on 23rd Aug 13. So 14 days is up tomorrow (or is it working days?)

I have not received any response, nor have I received my SAR.

Please could you tell me what my next step is?

If they fail to respond as requested, make a formal complaint to the ICO without further notice to the bank.

Thanks Slick. Will the ICO be able to make BC send the SAR?

That's the hope.

I suggest you write to the ICO and send a copy of the complaint to the same Barclays address as your last letter, so they know you are taking further action.

That may prompt them into sending you the SAR data.