Motability Scheme

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone who now has a mobility scooter through their scheme is no longer given the option to purchase it at the end of the 3 year contract. Not very happy to find this out yesterday, when I had my scooter I was told I would be able to purchase it for a nominal sum at the end of the contract. Had I known at the time, I probably would never have had one with them in the first place as you can buy them new of dealers for less than Motability charge. Those who have cars with them may need to look into this also as it is possible they could be affected.

they really are expensive and I was a mug. The way they came across to me I thought they were some sort of government backed body for helping the disabled, but I think I am correct in saying they are just a business. The scooter I had was nearly £4k which I wasn't bothered about because I had it from new, it was looked after and serviced regular plus I expected to probably be able to buy it for less than £1k at the end. I could have purchased the same scooter from a dealer for £3k new so they have made at least £1k profit then whatever they get for it now off a dealer.

Yes Motability are a rip off. I am looking to change my Motability car. I have two choices - take a new lease or buy my own. I was looking at a Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTI SRI and what with the down payment they want and my HRM payments they would have approx. £9600 off me and no car to show for the money. Mind you they would want to sell it to me for approx. £10750 at the end. The car only cost them £16000 in the first place.

I also have been offered by a Mercedes main dealer a 1 owner C Class 220 CDTI automatic Sport saloon on a 59 plate that has done 18000 miles. It has full leather, sat nav, full service history every 6000 miles/6 months etc. The price - £12750 and with that comes 3 years full MB warranty and 3 years free MB servicing. The finance deal they offered was '0%' over 4 years at £61 a week. After that I own the car. I will of course have to pay for tyres and insurance myself. After 4 years I will have a car that is worth approx. £6000 courtesy of the DWP.

No contest in my eyes.

Edited by fedupandold