Sale Of House

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just a quick question

I have a small outstanding mortgage (15K) on a property valued at aprox 100,000 but I have now emigrated outside of the EEC and require the house to be sold. (Ok, I know I should have put it on the market before I went but things could not wait) I have no intentions of returning to the UK anytime in the near or distant future

Can I give a family member Power Of Attorney to enable the sale (if so how do I do this) as I do not wish for the mortgage lender to take possession and sell for half the value

Many thanks in advance

Surely you can do this through a solicitor, by post or on line, direct, no need to involve anybody else if you don't wish to.

Suggest you contact a solicitor in the area your house is, but does not need to be.

Are you not paying the mortgage at the moment? will they repossess?

You can get a copy of the ownership ( you ) and mortgage co. interest from the land registry on line, cost about £4 if that helps.

Raydletinu

Many thanks for the reply. I would consider that a Power Of Attorney to be the best option as he is my brother and therefore will not be fleeced by the mortgage company should they decide to reposess the property. (This I am certain that they will do as I am not within their reach due to costs of telephone calls and visits)

I have however contacted a local lawyer where I now reside and he will legalise a Power Of Attorney letter for me at the cost of 200 pesos (GBP3.10)

In response to the question "Am I paying the mortgage now" the answer is no as I have left the UK for good to retire after I was offered an amazing chance and took it.

I don't see why this would be a problem. People buy/sell properties from overseas all the time. For example, there are thousands of Asian investors who have bought London properties and UK property companies run roadshows in Asia and the Middle East.

You can grant your brother a POA. However, I imagine you will still need to provide copies of your ID to your solicitor/the other side's solicitors in order for them to comply with anti-money laundering regulations. The most important thing is to contact an estate agent ASAP and then line up a solicitor.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Need just a few more answers if I may

(a) ... Does anyone have the address of Santander Mortgages in Milton Keynes and the collections in Sheffield .... or ....

(b) ... does anyone have an email address as I have a very important document to send them and it will take 3 weeks from where I am located by snail mail