JSA may not make 1st appointment!

Timewitch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm really worried! I've just had it confirmed I have been awarded contribution based JSA. My first signing on appointment is on Friday but it looks like my son has chicken pox!

This will mean I am unable to make my appointment as my partner is away this week and my family live over 2 hours away. I could ask a friend but I don't think she's had it and also has her own young children.

What should I do? Will I be penalised for this?

I'm really worried! I've just had it confirmed I have been awarded contribution based JSA. My first signing on appointment is on Friday but it looks like my son has chicken pox!

This will mean I am unable to make my appointment as my partner is away this week and my family live over 2 hours away. I could ask a friend but I don't think she's had it and also has her own young children.

What should I do? Will I be penalised for this?

Phone them up, tell them the situation and get the persons name. You should not be penalized for ill health that directly affects you..

Edited by Consumer dude

Thanks for your reply. One of my friends has suggested I'd be better off saying I am ill as apparently that's allowed a couple of times, but having ill kids isn't unless you are single!???

I want to tell the truth but I don't want to get my allowance stopped for something completely beyond my control.

If he's poorly for a few days, will they class me as I available for work and stop my money being paid?

It's all such a minefield!

Please dont worry, they are pretty good :)

Ring them up either at the local centre or anything and explain. Please dont feel like they will stop it, just amend it for another day :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Simply call the office and explain that you child has suspected chicken pox, you have no alternative childcare to be able to leave him at home and do not feel that he should be bought into an office where there may be vunerable people with lowered immune systems. They ,ay ask how old he is and as long as he is 12 or younger it would not be a problem to excuse you from your signing due to a domestic emergency, you would then be advised of your next attendance and payment should be released as normal