First Plus early settlement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!

I have 6 months left to run on my First Plus secured loan.

I am in the process of selling my house and don't want to take the loan with me - I want shot of it and First Plus for good.

I have been paying the loan for the past 7 years, claimed back the ppi etc.

I was just wondering what the final settlement may be? My credit file shows £800 remaing on the loan.

I have wrote to them, but when phoneing to chase them this morning, I got told to be patient!!!

Many thanks,

Bannister007:roll:

Hi all!

I have 6 months left to run on my First Plus secured loan.

I am in the process of selling my house and don't want to take the loan with me - I want shot of it and First Plus for good.

I have been paying the loan for the past 7 years, claimed back the ppi etc.

I was just wondering what the final settlement may be? My credit file shows £800 remaing on the loan.

I have wrote to them, but when phoneing to chase them this morning, I got told to be patient!!!

Many thanks,

Bannister007:roll:

It took us nearly six months to get a settlement figure and that was only after intervention by FOS. FP also had to pay us £300 compensation.

Thanks, Surfer01.

I bet if I wanted to take the loan to the next house, they would jump at the chance.

When I mentioned this to my bank, they couldn't understand it, as most banks can give a settlement figure over the phone!

It took us nearly six months to get a settlement figure and that was only after intervention by FOS. FP also had to pay us £300 compensation.

I phoned again today. apparently it takes 7 working days from request, so if I phone AGAIN tomorrow, it will be on their system.

It should arrive by post on Friday, according to their customer services.

We will see!..........................

I phoned again today. apparently it takes 7 working days from request, so if I phone AGAIN tomorrow, it will be on their system.

It should arrive by post on Friday, according to their customer services.

We will see!..........................

Maybe after their spanking with us they will oblige. Still do not understand why it woudl take 7 days to issue a settlement figure as with a computer it should take less than 5 minutes?

Latest update....

Phoned at lunchtime, agirl answers, yes it has been done but it's not on the system...put on hold for nearly 10 minutes.

'Do you mind if I call you back?' she says, I offer to phone them, but she would rather phone me.

Two hours later, she does phone back with a figure. I ask how to pay, she replys, 'any credit card or bank transfer, but we don't take Barclay Card!'

I then pay straight away, over the phone with a credit card (the money to clear the loan was in my savings account), she gives me a confirmation number, tells me to cancel direct debit, as they 'can't do it at our end'?

Confirmation letter in the post.

And that's it. 7 years and 2 months of payments to First Plus over.

It seems like they have got there act together a bit, maybe due to all the complaints!

To be honest, I was worried about First Plus due to all the trouble I have read about, and as I am hoping to move house in the next 2 months, I thought they would halt everything!