Welcome finance secured loan

dave2067uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

we took out a secured loan with welcome for £10k a few years before 2005

this was when my wife had a brain tumor and we both had to give up work

we carried on paying the loan for about 18 months more by this time we owed just over £10,k.

we were finding it hard to make payments

we spoke to welcome and they agreed to rewrite the loan at the balance it was at with no interest on it

we are know paying £92 per month to try and pay it off,

they have 3 times applied interest and 3 times i have fought it and got it refunded

but i am fed up with them now ringing all the time

how can i find out what i have paid how much i have to pay and because of there messing us around

can i get this account put into any disagreement or anything like that.

Also when they rewrote the loan they did not change the charge on the house with land registry.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Dave

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi yes we signed a new agreement and was given a letter saying no interest would be applied as long as we kept up with are payments of £82 per month but we have been paying £92 every 4 weeks so should be well in front with payments.

But they keep putting interest on i complain they refund this has been done about 3 or 4 times then they ring hounding me to pay more to get the loan paid off the even said to me today try and get a bank loan to pay this loan off they are doing my head in.

they keep saying can you increase your payments to pay it off quicker. also they say my balance is £6600 aprox but i think i have paid more than that.

Today i lost my temper with them and told them they are trying to bleed people dry because they have gone into liquidation and she did not like that.

She agreed again there was letter on file as per no interest but the keep adding it on.

i got one about 6 or 7 months ago but cant find it at the minute seem to remember the balance balance then being aprox 6k something i dont even know if the paperwork was filled out correctly.

Do you have a copy of the new agreement ? When exactly was it taken out.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I think if it is a modifying agreement under section 82 they should send the original and a copy of the new one also.

Can you remember if the new one was signed after April 2007

It would be far better if you could find the one that you signed though.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Yes this is probably why they were so keen to get you to re-sign, odds are the earlier agreement was unenforceable.

You need to send off a request under section 77 of the consumer credit act 1974. For

A true copy of the original agreement

A true copy of any varied agreement as required under section 7 of the 1557/1983 copy regulations

Details of any security and copies of any deeds relating to it

An up-to date statement of account

They have 12 days to comply.

Enclose £1 statutory fee and send it recorded delivery.

If you have problems writing the request there will be a template on here somewhere.

Yes they should also send a copy of the original or if not a reconstituted one..

This from the OFT guidance on copy regulations

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/OFT1272.pdf

Where there has been a variation of the terms and conditions of the

agreement

2.27 Where an agreement has been varied in accordance with section 82(1)

of the Act, the OFT considers that, by virtue of Regulation 7 of the

Copies of Documents Regulations, the duty is to provide not only a copy

of the agreement as originally executed but also either

If the original agreement no longer exists how can they send a copy under the SAR.

Fine get a SAR off, but they have 40 days to comply with that, but you must get the section 77 off as well as stated.