ARC Europe

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I haven't posted for a while, just after a little bit of advice on how to deal with ARC Europe.

Recently I have received a couple of texts from this company and an answer machine message asking me to call them which I ignored.

About a week ago I answered the phone to one of they're agents who was quite pushy with me, but I refused to go through the security questions with him including my address, whilst on the phone to me he told me that he wanted to discuss Nationwide with me. I told him to put everything in writing to me, he told me that that they already had and hadn't received a response from me that is why he was calling, I told him that he must have the incorrect address for me, I refused to give him my current address. Because I refused the security questions he ended the call using the words 'Thats Unfortunate'.

I did have a Nationwide account which became Statute Barred about a year ago, I haven't heard anything about this account in about 6+ years although I have moved a couple of times in that period.

Today I received a further message from one of the agents from ARC asking me to call them back, my question is, should I just ignore them or would it do any harm to give them my current address to enable them to write to me?

I am concerned that they may try and obtain a judgement in my at a previous address, maybe by fabricating a phantom payment.

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance

QB

Ignore. You could check your credit record to see if anything is on there. If your credit record has your current address, there is no reason why any creditors could not correspond with you. If debts are definitely SB'd, then send them the SB letter in the library and tell them to stop trying to contact you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I've had dealings with this foul company, on the phone they are very pushy - stay off the phone to them, if they call tell them in writing and put the phone down, if they're stupid enough to phone back, just repeat 'in writing' & put the phone down.

They said to me that they had written to me 4 times but had no response but that was rubbish.

Their telephone chimps are pushy & argumentative but are clueless on Consumer Law.

Hi All

I haven't posted for a while, just after a little bit of advice on how to deal with ARC Europe.

Recently I have received a couple of texts from this company and an answer machine message asking me to call them which I ignored.

About a week ago I answered the phone to one of they're agents who was quite pushy with me, but I refused to go through the security questions with him including my address, whilst on the phone to me he told me that he wanted to discuss Nationwide with me. I told him to put everything in writing to me, he told me that that they already had and hadn't received a response from me that is why he was calling, I told him that he must have the incorrect address for me, I refused to give him my current address. Because I refused the security questions he ended the call using the words 'Thats Unfortunate'.

I did have a Nationwide account which became Statute Barred about a year ago, I haven't heard anything about this account in about 6+ years although I have moved a couple of times in that period.

Today I received a further message from one of the agents from ARC asking me to call them back, my question is, should I just ignore them or would it do any harm to give them my current address to enable them to write to me?

I am concerned that they may try and obtain a judgement in my at a previous address, maybe by fabricating a phantom payment.

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance

QB

Personally I would not ignore these people they are very aggressive in their approach and very persistent.

If you are sure that there has been no payment or written acknowledgement of the debt in 6 clear years send the following by recorded delivery to:

The Compliance Manager

ARC Europe

Ref: Nuisance Calls:

Sir/ Madam,

I refer to a number of calls from ARC in regards to an alleged debt with NationWide , at no time have I answered any 'security' questions when aske but your operative has stated the they wanted to discuss NationWide a clear breach of the DPA 1998, this aside I do not acknowledge any debt to ARC Europe.

Having researched my credit history I have concluded that any such alleged debt is statute barred and therefore I will not make any payment.

Should ARC Europe wish to dispute the debt it is reminded that the onus of providing unequivocal proof that this matter is not statute barred falls entirely upon ARC Europe.

I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection and the sections regarding statute barred debt.

ARC Europe WILL now close the file on the account and cease to process all data relating to me and will remove it from its records.

This is my final response.

I'll have an address for you in a few minutes

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The Compliance Manager

ARC Europe Ltd

Kent House

Churchfield Road

Walton upon Thames

Surrey

KT12 2YU

Use recorded/signed for delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks Brig!

You are a superstar, I will send this off tomorrow, I'm guessing it's ok to head it with my current address? I don't have any reference numbers etc, as the only refenence number I had was on text and I had to Factory reset my phone which erased all messages.

I do know from when I checked my CRA file last year (July 2012) that the last payment date was Feb 06 and the default date was December 06, there were no recorded CCJ's for this debt registered on my file at that time.

Thanks again, I will keep you posted.

Surely if the last payment/activity on the account was in February 2006 then the clock for statute barring would start ticking in March 2006 when the next payment was due but not paid rather than the December when the default was issued?

Feebee_71

Surely if the last payment/activity on the account was in February 2006 then the clock for statute barring would start ticking in March 2006 when the next payment was due but not paid rather than the December when the default was issued?

Feebee_71

Yes that has been taken into account though it is irrelevant to the SB status.

• 8 months later...

I have been having a mini war of attrition with these clowns, I have an old debt not old enough to be statute barred yet so they tried hounding me into paying £100 per month to clear the debt.

As I wish to clear my old debts and repair my credit file I have been researching what I owe and to who. This debt has been purchased by these clowns, so to clear things up they are being paid £5.00 per month, they can take it or leave it.