Lee - New Vodafone Account - 2 comprehensive cock-ups! ** RESOLVED **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After many years of ok service with O2, I decided to use a company promotion to get 20% off a new Vodafone account and Port my number.

VF managed to put me on to the wrong tariff and are now threatening to increase the montly subscription unless I send them a touch phone which I don't have and which I never contracted for anyway.

Second, the porting of my old number, has only been partially completed, because I can phone out but no-one can call me, so that I am out of contact with all of my friends and family.

I phoned VF customer services. I recorded all of the call, so I have it all on record. The rep agreed that, yes, it was VF's fault, but despite this, there was nothing that he could do, AND he wants ME to take time off to go back to the shop so that it can be sorted.

Third, he also said there was nothing that he could do about the PORTING of the number. He then told me that the people do deal with this had gone home! I should therefore try and call them tomorrow when of course, I am at work.

I have heard tht VF is a shambles and I regret not having paid attention and having gone to them. Now I have been left with a threat that if I don't send them a touchphone (which you may recall I don't have!!!) in the next 30 days, they are going to increase my tariff - and also I have an expensive phone subscription, but nobody can contact me, because they simply get a message which says that my phone number is not recognised.

LEE - Vodafone Rep

My Account number 687855647.

Can you please look me up and you wil see who I am.

I am not prepared to stand any nonsense. This is the beginning of the 14 day pre-action protocol. Sort this out for me please or the court papers will be in the post. Please don't think that I am bluffing

I have sent an S.O.S to Lee on your behalf. I think he probably wont look in until tomorrow.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You need to give then 14 days in writing to the head office. Not on a random internet forum. You also should exhaust their complaints procedure. It won't look good if you havent done that.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Well I'm pleased to say that this morning my phone started receiving calls - so the number porting has finally been compl.oeted. Why does it have to be this difficult?

Now all I have to do is to deal with the problem that I made a contract for a service at £37 pcm and they then changed it so that it is £42 pcm but I will get a reduction on condition I send them some previous touch phone.

FYI the pre-action protocol will be just as validly invoked as soon as a VF rep sees this thread and it is brought to his notice in that way.

Hi Guchick,

I'm sorry to see that things haven't got off to the best of starts with us.

However, it's good to see that your number is now fully active.

To make sure that everything else gets sorted out I'll get in touch with you later today.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to say thank you to Lee and the web relations team at VF. So far so good. Account sorted and I am on the correct tariff. Not received first bill yet, so still fingers crossed. Thanks also to Becky at VF and to everyone at the CAG for their suggestions and advice.

Thanks for updating your thread Guchick.

I will amend your thread title to reflect this.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D