skip firm possibly ceased trading

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I have a problem in that I have had a skip on my driveway since November 2012. It is quite a long story but I have been told that the firm has ceased trading. I have managed to speak to a relative of the person who allegedly ceased trading, who also happens to have a skip firm, who initially promised to collect the skip on behalf of the firm that had ceased trading, until he realised I had paid for the skip up front (and he obviously would be charged to empty it so he would end up out of pocket despite being a skip to the good). Now I know this guy has no obligation to get rid of this skip, but where do I go from here? I have nothing official to confirm the original firm has ceased trading, but if it has, have I taken over ownership of it?

I don't know the legalities ......... but the next time the EDITED scrapmen, come up your street.

offer it to them ......... they'll be back with a bigger truck, you'll see ........ worth a few quid, those skips.

Edited by slick132
Edit of offensive term for traveller

Agree with thumper. However, youd need to show them that the company has ceased trading etc, as they would have trouble selling off a branded skip.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks guys. I won't lie, offering it to another skip firm has crossed my mind. But to put it mildly there are some unsavoury characters out there so until I'm happy this skip firm has gone bump and he doesn't want his skip back, I'm inclined to hang on to it. There is no branding on the skip by the way, that is the reason I had it so long initially, I lost some data on my mobile but there was no number stencilled on the skip. I had to do a bit of detective work to find out what I know. I just don't want to flog it and in a couple of weeks I get a few heavies banging on my door asking where their skip has gone.

No branding or unidentifiable markings and you have tried all methods of contact to get in touch with the Skip hire company? Tell the local scrappy to come grab it.

If someone comes round in a few weeks, you could tell them that you moved the skip onto the road as it wasnt your problem, and came back from work and it as gone.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D