style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi hope someone can give me some advice.

I wrote to Rossendales & the local council informing them receivers had been appointed over my properties even though I have never missed a payment, (please see my other posts) The receivers had also written to the council requesting housing allowance payments be paid to them. I have also been into the council & made a statement so they are fully aware of the situation.

As the receivers were not managing my properties properly I sent a letter to the tenants to say their tenancy agreement was with me & they were to pay the rent to me so i could furnish the loan. I got an email with an attached letter from the receivers solicitors saying "you should be aware that all powers to manage & collect rent at the properties now rests with our clients.......... You no longer have any power to deal with the properties in any way....

Have come home today to a Final notice from Rossendales.

It states Magistrates Liability Order/Warrant Of Execution

Dated 1/3/13 for Council Tax

Ballance Due in Full - 24 hours £TBC Inclusive of costs I must give you 24 hours statutory notice of my intentions to recall and remove your effects, sufficient to satisfy the debt and costs.

To keep costs to yourself to a minimum I ask that you contact me to arrange a time suitable for us to be allowed access to your premises. If payment in full is not made within 24 hours you may incur further costs.

Should you wish to avoid this distressing course of action, and the resulting costs incurred please contact me immediately on xxxxxxxxxx to arrange full payment of your outstanding debt.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxx

Bailiff in charge.

Does anyone have an email address for them & any advice on where I go from here?

Thanks in advance.

As the receivers were not managing my properties properly I sent a letter to the tenants to say their tenancy agreement was with me & they were to pay the rent to me so i could furnish the loan. I got an email with an attached letter from the receivers solicitors saying "you should be aware that all powers to manage & collect rent at the properties now rests with our clients.......... You no longer have any power to deal with the properties in any way....

The problem you have is that as long as your the legal owner your responsible for ensuring the council tax is paid and the council kept up to date of any changes to this even though a (presumably a LPA) receiver has been appointed to manage the properties. A good receiver will contact the council but if they don't then your left to clear the mess.

The problem you have is that as long as your the legal owner your responsible for ensuring the council tax is paid and the council kept up to date of any changes to this even though a (presumably a LPA) receiver has been appointed to manage the properties. A good receiver will contact the council but if they don't then your left to clear the mess.

LPA receiver has been appointed.

I wrote to the council & went in & did a statement regarding the receivers.

The receivers contacted the council to tell them to pay them any local housing allowance payments that were due. My income was from the properties so I have no other income.

Their receivers have been approached by good prospective tenants & they have refused to take them.