Ell-enn - Remember me? lol

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wanted to update you 5 years on :)

We didn't have a success story sadly, we lost our home with just 2.5 months arrears on it.

What I did want to say is that, we got over it and we went on :)

It's been a long slog, my other half was made bankrupt and sometimes we still get money chasing calls, but after 4 weeks in a B & B I found a private rental with the most amazing landlords and we're still here now.

Despite our outcome I wanted to reassure people that if the worst happens, you do survive :)

Ell enn.... you were amazing. You kept me calm and on focus when the world around me was collapsing. I thank you for that still.

Rach xx

Hi Rachie, I do remember you - and was so sad when I learned you lost your home. It's wonderful to hear that you have risen above it and forged a new life in a new home.

Thank you for posting your story - it will give hope to many who have been or are about to be in your position.

Well done for being so strong and positive :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for posting this Rachie. It's always nice to hear back from people, especially with such a positive message. :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

You're welcome Caro :)

You know the funniest bit? I'm reading stories on here of£1000's of arrears. We owed just 3 full months and they had us out in a heartbeat. To be fair though the millstone lifted from around our necks was immense.

We had bailiffs turn up for unpaid council tax days after moving into our new home telling us 'we shouldn't have just disappeared', yet the council had housed us in their own approved B & B.

At the time I thought I would die from the stress. It sounds overly dramatic but my chest and back felt constantly tight! I started having anxiety attacks.

I was SO angry at the world. Why us? Why would our judge not let me speak? Who was getting a backhander?

Then in the Dec, my youngest child caught meningitis. It took 3 days and constant antibiotic drips to find out it was the less serious viral meningitis. It put a lot of things into perspective and the anger just dissipated. At the end of the day a home is what you make it, be it a rental, a mansion, an owned outright shed. The people who live there are the important bits.

I have advice lol. Keep the kids informed.... mine knew what they needed to know, we would be together and we would be safe. Also, I'm seeing 'we're at the brink of divorce' a lot. People, pull back! Look at it objectively. You can't blame each other, its counter productive and will achieve nothing. My Dad used to say that life is like a long rope. If you both pull on the opposite ends it will always be a struggle, if you both pull the same end you'll achieve results much faster!

I'm waffled enough now so I'll hush up lol x

Not waffle at all Rachie.

Sounds like you've got your head screwed on, and I'm glad your youngest recovered. x

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.