Default registered when arrangement to pay made with OU.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an account with the Open University and recently had short term financial problems which I knew were going to just be for a couple of months.

I ended up getting a default notice having already said I couldn't pay the full amount for a couple of months.

On receiving the notice I called them and nobody could answer the questions, I was just told somebody would call me back.

I knew I had to have this paid or an arrangement in place prior to the date on the notice

so continued to call to resolve but each time their credit management department was too busy to accept calls and were calling people back.

This never happened on each call.

On the last day before the notice I was calling every few hours and even tried to pay the full amount of arrears

but was told I needed to speak to credit management regardless, I could not even pay what I thought the arrears were !! They would just not accept my money.

I finally received a call back from whom I believe was credit management,

they understood the situation and were more than happy to accept a reduced payment for 2 months and even confirmed this by letter.

I was told that an arrangement would show on my credit file.

I have now seen on Equifax that they have issued the default regardless of the arrangement.

My understanding was if an arrangment was made the default would not be issued.

Can they do this ?

had I known this I would have ensured it was something else that wasn't paid and this was kept up to date.

I am furious that their inability to answer my call or take any payment for well over a week has resulted in this.

I know I need to speak to them on monday but how can I resolve this if they wont remove the default. ?

Yes, received the default notice,

spent about a week trying to speak to somebody to make an arrangement or failling that pay off the arrears and not pay something else !

Each time I called I was told credit management were busy and would return my call,

this never happened until the last day that the default had to be rectified on the notice.

On that day I finally spoke to credit management who accepted and confirmed in writing a short term arrangement was ok.

My understanding was if an arrangement was made the default would not be registered.

I should also point out that the arrears are only 2 months, its not like I am months and months behind.

Just seems extremely harsh from a company who took a week to answer the call and to accept payment.

Throughout the week I had tried to pay 3/4 of the monthly payment yet my payment would not be accepted until I had spoken to credit management.

sadly AFAIK an arrangement to pay, cannot satisfy a DN.

if it does not meet the figure on the DN by the 14days date

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx is correct any payment authorised/agreed or not that does not meet the contractual payment required can be considered a reason to default the account.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: