Failure to notify disposal of vehicle

nicky2013
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I received a fine for not notifying the DVLA that I sold my vehicle.

I sent the information to them after receiving a reminder letter from them. I then received a fine and appealed it, I've since received a letter saying thank you for my enquiry and said that even though I said I sent it they have not been notified and I still have to pay. On the appeal letter I had to fill in the new owner information which is notifying them as well?

As I didn't receive another appeal letter I left it till now and thought I will just pay the £35 fine however when I call the number it said they are closed, I thought it would just be an automated payment line so I rung customer services and they said they can't put a note on and there is no one I can speak to, it has to be done in writing, I shouldn't have left it till last minute and I will have to call on Tuesday as Monday is bank holiday.

But the date of payment due is tomorrow (Sunday) that is why I thought it must be an automated line because Sunday you can't get any post so surely you must be able to pay on the day its due as well? And as for shouldn't have left it till last minute, as far as I am concerned if the payment has a due date you are entitled to wait until that date to pay. And they shouldn't put the due date on a day you can't pay.

And when the advisor said I will have to talk to them on Tuesday, I won't be able to because he said that they only take payments and will not talk about the issue.

I'm not happy to pay the fine really as I know I let them know but just thought it will be easier to pay but I'm not willing to pay the higher amount because they won't let me pay today.

Does anyone have any advice, I don't know what to do and all this is very upsetting.

I also asked if the adviser if he could tell me if they received the information since sending me the fine just incase but he said that is the Disposal department and you can only write to them to find out, why is everything so difficult.

If you sent it then that should be the end of the matter. Ask them to prove you did not send it. Have a read of some of the other threads here and you'll soon see what they get up to.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi I have had the same thing happen , have sent them letters in explaining what parts of the relavent acts\laws I have acted on , they are relentless.

I asked them for a few things like how much revenue does this bring in and in 2007 to 2008 2.1 million pounds I have it in writing.

Also asked them to tell me why they feel they can act against human rights and accuse people of wrong doing and yet again I have the reply in writing and this is the best bit they said and I quote" parliament give us special powers to do things"

yes that's right that's what they replied to me in writing .

I have basically told them I want to go to court and will be taking a brief with me , also will be asking the court to not let the dvla drop the case on the day as they seem to do this if you turn up..........

I have also warned them I want compensation for my time and the fact they have accused me of something I have not done.............

They are an absolute disgrace, and think they got special powers that can override human rights..........laughable....

The human rights bit is by the way the fact that you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law .........