Clarification needed on Credit Report please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following redundancy, I ended up with a lot of debt in the early part of 2007. Long story short, had a CCJ for my mortgage (but was able to sell the house and clear tht debt in May 2007) before the repossession date, bit I still owed money to telecomms and utilities. Last year I started paying off my LloydsTSB debt, and today Moorcroft have started chasing me for the water debt.

I checked my Experian Credit report today, and there are only 2 negatives showing. One is the current Lloyds default and the other is because I've not cleared a debt per contract (but then, I haven't HAD any credit or oustanding contracts etc in the last 6 years).

Does this therefore mean that my utilities and telecomms debts are now Statute Barred - or is it because they may never have appeared on there in the first place? I should add that my two previous addresses since 2007 are linked to the old address, so it's not like these people couldn't have found me earlier. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

statute barred in England & Wales is 6 years from the date of last payment or acknowledgement of the debt. It is unlikely that these utility acs would have appeared on your credit report unless a CCJ was obtained.Your current default will drop off your credit file 6 years from the date of default, paid or not

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Following redundancy, I ended up with a lot of debt in the early part of 2007. Long story short, had a CCJ for my mortgage (but was able to sell the house and clear tht debt in May 2007) before the repossession date, bit I still owed money to telecomms and utilities. Last year I started paying off my LloydsTSB debt, and today Moorcroft have started chasing me for the water debt.

I checked my Experian Credit report today, and there are only 2 negatives showing. One is the current Lloyds default and the other is because I've not cleared a debt per contract (but then, I haven't HAD any credit or oustanding contracts etc in the last 6 years).

Does this therefore mean that my utilities and telecomms debts are now Statute Barred - or is it because they may never have appeared on there in the first place? I should add that my two previous addresses since 2007 are linked to the old address, so it's not like these people couldn't have found me earlier. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Utility accounts are usually only reported once there is a problem with the account, mobile phone accounts are reported landline accounts are not.

Is any one chasing you for these accounts?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

statute barred in England & Wales is 6 years from the date of last payment or acknowledgement of the debt. It is unlikely that these utility acs would have appeared on your credit report unless a CCJ was obtained.Your current default will drop off your credit file 6 years from the date of default, paid or not

Utility accounts are usually only reported once there is a problem with the account, mobile phone accounts are reported landline accounts are not.

Is any one chasing you for these accounts?

Thank-you both for the replies.

There is the Lloyds account sold to Lowells to whom I'm paying a small amount monthly - although I'm about to throw the cat among the pidgeons as about two thirds of it was made up of Bank Charges. I also cleared an O2 mobile account as I wanted to start to rebuild my credit score. I'm also not sure where I stand with the Lloyds/Lowells account as the 6 year default is next Friday 24th!

The only account being chased as of today is my water debt which Moorcroft are handling on behalf of Anglian Water. They haven't bought the debt, but today's letter adds they'll proceed with litigation and add another £90 to the amount if I haven't contacted them by next Wed 22nd. It's certainly 6 years since I made a payment or corresponded with Anglian - hence my wondering if Statute Barred applies to utilities as there is literally my current bank account and my defaulted account showing up on my report - which has a healthy score of 899! To be honest, I've suffered really badly with anxiety and depression for the last few years, and it's only recently that I've been able to handle this kind of thing without stressing out! :)

Ok the Lowell account, the default will come of credit files around the 24th, but as you have been paying it is not statute barred.

What type of account is this?

Water account yes can be stat barred so a SB letter to Moorcroft if the default on the water gone from files do you want a letter drafted for Moorcroft?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

The account was a LloydsTSB gold current account which went into default on 24/05/07. The actual authorised overdraft was £100 and the total at closure was just over £1000 - the difference being made up entirely of Bank Charges. When Lowells wrote to me last September I asked for a copy of the Agreement and copies of my transactions from 2003 to the closure of the account (I also wanted these as I repaid a loan early in 2003 and wanted to look at PPI) They were unable to supply a copy of the agreement but I received my statements. Unfortunately at that time I was struck down with Type1 Diabetes and another bout of anxiety and depression and so haven't really been able to follow this through until now.

The weird thing (to me anyway) is that although Lowells bought the debt, it still shows as a 'current account' on the credit report and a score of [8] each month - even though it is now a 'debt' that is not attached to a bank - and I've not missed any payments since I started paying Lowells. My intention was to contact TSB and query the charges - but as Lowells bought the debt, who do I head for?

As for Moorcroft, would the standard SB letter be okay, or would it need tweaking? If so, I'd really appreciate a draft letter. I checked my transactions, and Anglian haven't had any money since the end of 2006 - they and Moorcroft have certainly written to me elsewhere, but I've never responded. Again, thanks for your assistance, it's really rather empowering reading some of the advice and successes here.

Ok will draft a letter later.
Many thanks, I'd appreciate that.

Interestingly, I checked my Experian again this morning, and my mortgage has now appeared on it - marked as Satisfied - and the Lloyds is now showing as Satisfied. The Lowells is still showing as default which I think is unfair considering that I've not missed a payment. That said though, it's now pushed my score up to 926!

Edited by Dave66

Making a payment to a DCA does NOT mean the default has been satisfied, any payments made in this way still leave the account in default.

Moorcroft LLoyds TSB... i have the same my gold accoount overdraft is 3K 2400...is bank charges...I got a CCJ with LLoyds that I pay £1 a mnth for credit card....Moorcroft want me to pay £15 per month... I thought you were not allowed to pay diiferent amounts and show favour to acccounts.....I keep on paying and get the letters from Moorcorft who has not purchased the account. I think Moorcroft should collect a £1 like my CCJ.....i dont want to go to court again and the debt is under 5k so I dont think they take you to court....but it all seems a mess

Moorcroft MUST apply to the court to vary the judgement order unless the order stated that payment level may be reviewed at a certain point or points.

As Moocroft are not the original claimant again they must apply to a court to change the claim to their name.

Got a link for that Dave can't find it in your listed posts?