Regal Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Caggers

I have just received the standard debt collecting letter from this company telling me they are noe dealing with a debt I have had with Natwest for a number of years. I have an agreed plan which I pay via internet into my old Natwest loan account number. This shows up on the statements they send me periodically. I have never heard or dealt with regal Credit before, and they have sent letters threatening to send one of their door step collectors etc etc.

What can I do to stop them, as far as I am concerned I have only arranged repayment direct with the Bank.

Should I just ignore the letter? What I want to avoid is if they start to make lots of phone calls to my house. I seem to remeber there is a letter I can send to them warning them off doing this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:D

Here you go. Send them this, and keep a copy by the door just in case anyone turns up which they probably won't. :-) In the unlikely event that they do, hand them the letter and shut the door.

Please be advised that under OFT rules you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied licence under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions, etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B.per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke licence under Common Law for you or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken including, but not limited to, police attendance.

As you have been given this notice, should your representative then come to my property and cause any embarrassment which results in financial loss to me you will also be liable for damages.