Ge money - Secured loan Fees reclaim - **WON AT COURTS DOOR** now after legal fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Andy's offered some great advice this morning. Any comments from anyone re claiming under section 20 up to 12 years statute barred??

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not yet responded to GE's letter .. But have received notification that they intend to defend in full.

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

Update - have written back to GE showing (some) interest in negotiating with them and requesting they clarify the offer. See what happens next.

jaxads

• 3 weeks later...

Received copy of full defence from GE's solicitors this morning. They're defending whole claim and saying claim is stayed until partner is added onto claim. Do I now just wait to hear from the courts?

jaxads

They want partner added as a co claimant?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

They want partner added as a co claimant?

Hi, yes it's a joint loan but only my name on claim form, so part of the defence is that they want it stayed until other party added as claimant.

jaxads

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi, thanks andy, but do I need to wait until I receive some notification from the courts first, before I do anything?

jaxads

Yes you need to make application (N244) on notice to the defendant to get permission from the court to add a party.

Yes you need to make application (N244) on notice to the defendant to get permission from the court to add a party.

Still not received anything from court .... I'll just sit tight until I do.

jaxads

Still not received anything from court .... I'll just sit tight until I do.

You wont your move next

You wont your move next

I thought I had to wait for a notice from the court re their defence (like jake17's post), but I'll do as you recommend andy re adding other party to claim.

Do I ned to respond to other points in their defence too?

The defence states that the POC are not supported by a statement of truth and are as a result, defective.

They go on to say POC not properly particularised, but have responded to each point in order.

The defendant says claim must be stayed until second claimant added (I will deal with that as above)

They deny loan is subject to unfair terms in consumer credit contracts regulations 1999.

They deny provisions relating to MCOB.

There's lots more too, which I'll add later.

How long do I have to respond?

jaxads

Hi jax

Well you have 28 days to respond to a defence and inform the court you wish to proceed.....so you need to get is sorted asap.

N244 without an hearing because its agreed between parties so the fee will be £55.

I would like to see their response (verbatim) before you make application if possible.

Andy

Hi andy, I'll scan and upload defence later this morning making sure to remove all personal details, although they quote from my POC, as it wasn't numbered.

Thank you again for your time.

jaxads

Full defence attached, hopefully. Really not sure how to go about responding, so any comments would be gratefully received. I really don't want to back down now.

jaxads

Hi, any legal bods around that could have a look at ge money's defence please. I'm going to add partners name to claim as andy has advised above. Do I need to address all of their defence or does that wait until a hearing?

jaxads

You dont need to add your partner as claimant just because they have insisted... either of you can sue in your own names.

You dont need to add your partner as claimant just because they have insisted... either of you can sue in your own names.

Thanks andy,

So do I not need do anything at all in response to their defence?.

jaxads

Have you informed the court you wish to proceed?

Hi andy, I've not done anything since I received their defence, dated 15 April, am I too late?

jaxads

You have 28 days to respond or the claim is stayed...check the status with MCOL and if so you would have to make application to lift the stay and proceed.

Hi, I've not done anything in response to GEs defence (as attached above) but the post this morning I've received NOTICE OF PROPOSED ALLOCATION TO THE SMALL CLAIMS TRACK, WHICH STATES

TAKE NOTICE THAT

1. This is now a defended claim.

A copy of the defence has already been sent to you by the defendant.

2. It appears that this case is suitable for allocation to the small claims track.

If you believe that this track is not the appropriate track for the claim, you must complete box C1 on the small claims directions questionnaire (form 180) and explain why.

3. You must by 23 May complete the small claims questionnaire (form n180) and file it with the court office and serve copies on all other parties.

There are also forms about the small claims mediation service and if I'd like to use that.

Any help or advice gratefully received.

jaxads

Its just allocation of the claim to track now jax....accept the offer of mediation.....the n180 is simple to complete...don't forget to include the fee (if applicable).

Andy

OK, done N180 and also advised that I'm happy to go to mediation and not a full hearing.Do I need to send payment at this stage, as the leaflet states:The hearing fee must be paid at the same time the pre-trial checklist is filed. If pre-trial checklists are not required, or the case is on the small claims track, the fees must be paid within 14 days of:- the despatch of the notice of the trial date or trial week or- the date when you are told the trial date or trial week, if no written notice is given.Am I on the right track here??

jaxads

• 3 months later...

Not much to update. They made an offer in July which I refused ... Still haven't heard anything re mediation ... Just waiting. Will update when anything else happens.

jaxads