County court judgement and ppi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

In 2009 my husband and I had a loan and were unable to pay this due to my husbands ill health at the time.

To cut a long story short we received a county court judgement for this and this was secured against our property.

We did pay this ccj off in monthly instalments and when we sold our house this was paid so the ccj was satisfied.

A few weeks ago we were contacted by lloyds to say we had ppi on the loan ( we had no idea we had ppi )

and would never have taken this out as my husband had pre existing conditions so any claim would have been disqualified anyway.

our claim has been upheld and are being refunded £1880 ( original ccj was for £6000).

My question is can we apply for the ccj to be set aside ?

Even though it is satisfied it is still on our credit report .

Many thanks any help from this fantastic site gratefully received .

The PPI refund is so much less than the judgment sum that it seems unlikely.

However, can you tell us more about the date of the judgment, how much were you in arrears at the time.

Also, are you sure that £1800 refund is all you are entitled to.

Seems a small sum for PPI which must have been in place at least since 2009.

Also, how much interest was on the judgment and also were any costs awarded against you?

The PPI refund is so much less than the judgment sum that it seems unlikely.

However, can you tell us more about the date of the judgment, how much were you in arrears at the time.

Also, are you sure that £1800 refund is all you are entitled to.

Seems a small sum for PPI which must have been in place at least since 2009.

Also, how much interest was on the judgment and also were any costs awarded against you?

I will dig out the paperwork and gt back to you. Thank you

Also, have you accepted the refund?

I will dig out the paperwork and gt back to you. Thank you

Hi. The original loan was for £5000 over 62 months - total repayable £6107.40 . PPI - £1289 plus credit charge £266.04 - so the total ( i think) was£7662.60, I'm sorry but I really can't remember what the arrears were at the time the judgment was issued . The judgement total was for £6212.87 and the judgement date was 18th April 2008. £320 costs awarded against us.

Thanks for your help

I think that you need to know what the arrears were at the time of the court claim. That is the important figure.

The judgment would have been for the entire loan.

you also need to know how much was owed to you in PPI at the time of the claim.

If you can show either that the PPI was greater than the amount owed - or else, that if you had not had to service the PPI loan that you could have coped with the loan repayments, then you will have good grounds to setaside the judgment.

You also need to look at the PPI and see if the refund they offered you really does reflect your true loss.

How long ago was the refund made? Why on earth do you trust Lloyds - or any other bank, for that matter?

What makes you think that you couldn't challenge the refund offer?

I'm afraid that if you are not able to assemble the correct figures, that there won't be much you can do.