CCJ from 2005

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Then please post up the reasons as to why a court will not object to enforcement after a certain amount of time

There is case law to suggest that SIX years is enough time for a claimant to enforce a judgment debt. In Patel v Singh [2002] EWCA Civ 1938 and Duer v Frazer [2001] 1 All ER 249 leave to enforce these debts were both refused.

The Court has discretion and each case will turn on the indivual facts.

I don't have a list of unreported County Court cases where permission has ben granted for you but know of failry recent successful applications 10 and 16 years after the CCJ was obtained.

Leave to restart may be given where a debt is large and there are extenuating circumstances as to why the enforcement action was not taken earlier, and where there is probable evidence of fraud.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

the debt is for just over £600

Ok it's well below the threshold for stat demands or BR, which they could not start now anyway.

Safe as houses so get that short letter in the post, it would be worth sending it recorded/signed for and check when they receive it.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

ok update just spoken to the courts and they said its for £866 and its deff over 6 years and the company have to reapply to the courts to reinstate it but her words was "they shouldn't have left it so long and doubt they will get it reinstated"

ok update just spoken to the courts and they said its for £866 and its deff over 6 years and the company have to reapply to the courts to reinstate it but her words was "they shouldn't have left it so long and doubt they will get it reinstated"

Sounds like a lot of charges and interest added.

8 years on they have no chance:-D.