speeding ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi , i was caught speeding on the 30. jan 13 by a copper who hid in a side ally with a speed gun ,i was stoped by him and given the green ticket when he took my details ,i have not heard anything of them how long is it before i hear of them. can any one advise me .thankyou

30 jan,I think you should have heard by now,you sure he was a police officer,I got stopped for speeding and the paperwork came through in a month,most everyone i heard of its less than a month,I think if you get snapped by a gatso camera there supposed to let you know in two weeks,I suppose it could be taking a while for you,maybe its lost in the post or they just havent got round to you yet

What speed were you doing and in what limit? And what did the green ticket say? (Paperwork varies from force to force - "green ticket" could be any of several documents)

If you were a long way over the limit you'll likely be summonsed to court. This can take up to 6 months to lay the information, then maybe another month or so before the summons reaches you.

If you weren't too far over the limit you would probably have expected a fixed penalty or an offer of a course through the post by now, if that's not what the green ticket was. It might be worth phoning the central ticket office for the force concerned as if they've sent a fixed penalty which has got lost in the post you'll end up in court if you don't reply. Alternatively you could do nothing and hope you've been forgotten, but don't get your hopes up too high.

hi artnap

thanks for your reply

the green ticket is a traffic offence report isued by greater manchester police

offence code 210 excessive speed

speed i was doing was 42 mph in a 30 mph zone

there is no no to phone them on so i just going to leave it and see what happend

I would be surprised if you don't receive a summons through the post as you were doing almost 50% move than the speed limit. Some areas will offer a speed awareness course if you're caught doing around 10 % above the limit but doubt that this will be offered to you.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!!

Feebee_71

hi just to update you all had a letter today from the police saying i have 2 options

1.. speed awareness course

2 .. £60 and 3 pionts

i am going to book the course

i think i got of lightly with that thanks for all your help and advice sarah xx