Welcome finance and Hegarty Court Claim

sytra
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok sytra

Could you type out the Particulars of claim from the PDF (verbatim) so I can cross check/refer.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you type out the Particulars of claim from the PDF (verbatim) so I can cross check/refer.

This is what is written on the claim form.

The Claimant claims for sums due under

Fixed Sum Loan Agreement(s) regulated by

the Consumer Credit Act 1974 entered into

between the Claimant and the Defendant. The

Defendant failed to pay the contractual

instalments in compliance with the terms of

the Agreement(s). The Claimant complied

with Section III and IV and Annex B of the

PD Pre-Action Conduct.

And the Claimant Claims:

Personal Loan Account Number xxxxxx

balance of £xxxxxxx as of 5/12/11.

interestlink3.gif under s69 of the county courtlink3.gif Act

1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 5/12/11

to 26/4/13 of xxxxxx and also interest at

the same rate up to the date of judgment or

earlier payment at a daily rate of 0.90

AND costs.

Ok thanks

Will finalise tomorrow now.

Past my bedtime :sleep:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I intervene solely to prevent the OP from following the wrong road so that he can concentrate on winnable issues.

This is a fixed sum loan that has gone past it's term, they did not need to send a section 87 notice.

The registration of a default on the credit file is an indication of the payment history and absolutely nothing to do with a notice under the consumer credit act.

The OP needs to forget about the DN issue completely.

Edited by citizenB
Incorrect information.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

they did not need to send a section 87 notice.

The registration of a default on the credit file is an indication of the payment history and absolutely nothing to do with a notice under the consumer credit act.

But they should have issued one before the account was defaulted which was while the acc was still active, we are just trying to get them to admit whether one was sent when it should have been, my brother doesn't ever remember getting one,

"IF" not then we hope to try and trip them up somehow

dodgeball

i do see what you mean, ie if they haven't deemed to have terminated or sought any earlier payments etc (ie its run its course without action) then a dn is not required.

but, if any doubt, is there any harm in including the issue and putting them to proof about that? and then for the J to decide and say thats n/a?

Edited by Ford

But they should have issued one before the account was defaulted which was while the acc was still active, we are just trying to get them to admit whether one was sent when it should have been, my brother doesn't ever remember getting one,

"IF" not then we hope to try and trip them up somehow

No they only need to issue a DN if they intend to enforce. They did not enforce whilst the agreement was active. They waited until it terminated itself.

The problem is that to much attention is being focused on this . it is irrelevant. Has anyone considered the enforceabilty issues raised by the mis-selling of the PPI and it being included within the total credit, or checked the agreement for TCC issues ? Checked the APR ?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

dodgeball, ppi, illegibility, and prescribed terms have also been mentioned in defence afaik? please do answer my q prior? is there any harm in including the issue and thus letting the J decide on it?

The basis of the defence to be drafted are in Post#74 Dodgeball...you will note that I do not refer to any Default Notice.

i know, thats also what i refer to that dogeball seems to have missed? but, is there any harm in briefly mentioning the dn issue if in doubt? let the judge decide? if its n/a, then its n/a!

Edited by Ford

sytra if you are still around...looking at the defence you proposed there is no reference to illegibility of the CCA and T&Cs? you need to big that up and also further detail as to the Notice of Arrears.

i know, thats also what i refer to that dogeball seems to have missed? but, is there any harm in briefly mentioning the dn issue if in doubt? let the judge decide? if its n/a, then its n/a!

I know you weren't asking me but IMHO judges prefer not to get bogged down reading long defences with technicalities thrown in by LIPs trying to look like they know what they're talking about (no offence intended to anyone).

There is a danger that if they see mistakes they may not waste more of their precious time reading the rest of the defence and decide the defendant is just trying to wriggle out of paying.

So yes, I think there is a danger in including it in the defence.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

wasn't really asking anyone specifically, open q to anyone? :)

i did say 'briefly mention'! yes, defences can be too long winded/technical. a couple/few lines should cover the issue, if OP decides to include it. perhaps re their cpr 18 response, maybe something along the lines of putting the claimant to proof that they are not required to serve a default notice as they stated in their cpr 18 response'? or contending that a def notice should've been required, or the like, then for the J to decide? i don't know, am not an expert, so will leave it to you guys!

Edited by Ford

I'm no expert either ford. Most of us aren't, but it's always worth looking at all the options before making a decision. :-)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yes I think the danger is that you P*ss the judge off. Putting a party to strict proof is usual for evidence purposes , this would be a matter of law I think.

Looking at this I think the main contender is the PPI, I haven't gone through the thread in detail although I did have a look at the agreement and the APR checks out, forgive me if I have missed this, but has the OP commenced a claim for miss-sold PPI?

....Putting a party to strict proof is usual for evidence purposes , this would be a

matter of law I think.

a bit of both would be involved i would think. the judge decides on the evidence in accordance with the law?

Edited by Ford

I think that if you were to put the judge to strict proof of a requirement of the law he would point you in the direction of his legal qualification and then tell you to sit down and be quiet(if you sere lucky).

I think that if you were to put the judge to strict proof of a requirement of the law he would point you in the direction of his legal qualification and then tell you to sit down and be quiet(if you sere lucky).

:) am not saying put the judge to strict proof of anything!! the J doesn't have to prove anything!

the law says xyz, the parties' evidence (proof) shows whats happened in a case, the judge considers the evidence, then decides, on balance, in accordance with law! ie re s87, is it applicable, did they terminate, yes or no, did they demand any earlier payments, yes or no, etc. (ie, as i said, both law and evidence involved :) )

Edited by Ford

• 1 month later...

Update, the just contacted the court and the claim has been stayed.

What do you think the likely hood is that they will pay to lift the stay?

I don't suppose that now a claim has been brought and stayed the 6yr SB ruling still applies does it? just wondered because I believe the last payment was now over 6 years ago.

• 1 month later...

OK, we knew it was to good to be true, Hegarty have had the stay lifted (hopefully docs attached), I am assuming it is all above board, please can someone help with the AQ so we can get it sent off.

Seems a bit off that they ticked that no one should be served with the N244 application and that no evidence is involved

yes, a bit sneaky. it looks in order. but, if you want to object/vary with reason to the lifting of the stay and want a hearing, then can make an application (at cost unless exempt) accordingly under cpr 23.10 as you didn't receive any notice? what would be the reasons though for objecting to the lift? but, could then also include any application you think may be appropriate?

otherwise, continue with the directions q.

check though with andy etc :)