style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently tried to upgrade my bank account with NatWest from a basic account to a Current account, however I was refused due to a previous bankruptcy (removed from credit file March 2013 after 6 year period).

Because they were aware of the bankruptcy (when they did a search when I opened the basic account) they stated that they would not be able to help.

I attempted to open a bank account with HSBC but came across same issue as I included an overdraft in my bankruptcy.

It now seems that all banks (only confirmed with 2) that I have been associated with during and after discharge have black listed me (my words not theirs but no mention of when I may be accepted again).

Strange that I actually thought that after 6 years and a clean credit file (with all 3 CRA's) I would not be penalised for this, but it seems that is not the case.

I would love to hear your comments/advise on this as it seems extremely unfair.

The funny thing is I have successfully opened a current account with First Direct (Part of HSBC group).