HSBC credit card - Should I even bother?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello again,

I was having a clear out the other week & found a HSBC credit Card I used to have around 10-11 years ago. (2002 or 2003)

The reason I ask why I should even bother trying to put in a claim, is that I no longer have any paper work or statements for the 4 or so years that I had the card. And I'm also hazey on dates I had the card.

All I remember is I got the card when I was around 19 years old & maxxed the card out at £3000 limit pretty fast lol I paid the minimum payment for around 3 years until I had enough of the extortionate interest fees & just cleared the balance & closed the account in 2005-2006. I remember vaguely something about insurance on the card, but I'm not 100%.

Because I have no evidence to back up my very vague claims & it was over 6 years ago, would it be easier to just use one of the dreaded claims companies or can someone link me to a template letter I could send them & hope for the best?

Please advise

Thank you :)

Best to send them a Subject Access Request. There's a template in the stickies at the top of the PPI forum. Then they should send you all the paperwork and statements. Don't tell them it's for a PPI claim though.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related