style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I just need some advice with regards to a Mattress we purchased from Mattressman 7 weeks ago. It's a memory foam one which we bought together with a new bed.

The Mattress itself is fine but after just 7 weeks it absolutely reeks of stale sweat. My Husband has been saying to me for the last week that the bed smelt and I just thought he meant the actual smell of the foam...I religiously strip the bed every 5 days mainly because I love fresh, clean sheets. The mattress also came with it's own protective cover plus one I put on myself so I just can't understand how the foam itself smells soooooo bad :???:

In my head I think after 7 weeks this isn't acceptable as it smells so bad I just want to throw it out. After speaking to someone at Mattressman today from the Sales Team (customer services isn't open on the weekends) I just get the feeling they're going to try and fob me off so would like some advice before I try again Monday.

I want them to replace the mattress ideally, I have no issue in having to pay extra for a different style/make but I really don't think I should have to fork out again after just 7 weeks.

Any advice gratefully received :)

Look at sale of goods act? not fit for purpose maybe? sure comments will be made on this subject,

tp be honest one came with my bed last year and I am wondering how to clean it as it is fixed to main mattress.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Well the one we had previously on our old bed was 3 years old and we never had any problems with that one so i'm completely at a loss as to why this one has gone funny and in such a short space of time. I've had a look at SOGA and i'm in the same thinking as "not fit for purpose" just would like someone to clarify it for me.

If it's a topper attached to your mattress a lot of people just febreeze them once in awhile or use a sprinkling of baking soda