Carphone Warehouse, new connection, where am`i standing?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I will try cut long story short, had a lot trouble with them to get my device.Ordered online on 03/03/13 (yes in march)

I got it in the end, received today, with Vodafone simcard.

My sim card is unactivated. So tried with Vodafone customer services, they can`t find it on the system. Was told to get in touch with CW to activate the sim. Ok done all that, CW told me that they unable to do it on the phone because I failed credit check with Vodafone (would they still send the phone out, is it compensation for long wait?).

Now they sending me to Carphone Warehouse store to do it there.

Where am`I standing?

can I keep the phone as a gift after all that inconvenience caused during last 6-7 weeks?

please help me :)

Has a direct debit been set up (check with your bank)? Which I think is highly unlikely.

From the sounds of things you've gained a free phone. Keep the packaging on the off chance CPW request the device back. But get a PAYG sim card and use that in the phone!

Still on the lookout for buried treasure!

Any advice I give here is based on my own experiences throughout my life, career and training and should not be taken as accurate. If in doubt, speak to someone more qualified - a Solicitor, Citizens Advice to name but two possible avenues!

there is no DD yet.

had email from Rebecca today:

"I would like to confirm that I have been monitoring you account and can see your order has been delivered.

I have also checked the notes on the account and can see that your handset is not yet connected.

I would like to confirm that you did pass the credit check for the order and we are working with Vodafone to manually connect the account.

Vodafone have advised this should be connected within the next 48 to 72 hours.

I would also like to confirm that you do not need to visit a Carphone Warehouse branch for this to happen.

Please accept my apologies for the information provided to you by Customer Services as this is not correct. I will ensure I provide feedback to our Customer Services team regarding this."

so they working on it.

never again deals with them.

Hi boloney,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

Should you like any assistance from me you're welcome to email me with your details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line.

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee

Thanks for response.

don`t you think we should leave it for CW to deal with it for now?

if we start doing thinks from both sides it may make even bigger mess than is now. I will give them couple more days, if they don`t get it done I will get in touch with you quoting above code is that ok?

King regards