Black Horse HP agreement problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys please can you offer some advice.

I have my 5 year HP agreement since 26/6/09 it sits approx 5 months in arrears. These payments are from early on in the agreement may 2010.

Black horse reps told me that they would add these outstanding payments to the end of my HP and I no longer had to worry about them as long as full payments were made from now on which has been the case.

I called black horse last week to send the car back as I have paid over 50% I was told on the phone that's fine and nothing to pay. I received the letter today saying they want £2457.31 as liability. This is made up of the arrears (which I was told were going to the end) and fees.

So I phoned them back telling them I can not afford this liability fee and want to return the car to be told it had to be paid.

50% on my HP would have been £9986.35 and I have actually paid approx £13200 so my payments more than cover the 50% plus the liability but they will not accept this.

I have told them had I know that the outstanding would be due I would have called them 6-9 month ago to send the car back and then I could paid the liability in an arrangement but I was told it had gone to the end and taking this into account o have still paid over 50% I didn't think this was necessary.

What can I do anything or nothing?