Response to SB Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks guys. You, as always, have been extremely helpful and generous with your knowledge.

I will keep the letter and see what happens next. If they continue to send letters, I will do as advised and contact the authorities.

Many thanks again!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi spacecadet,

CB is spot on,

If you want you can now state that the account remains in dispute, as they have failed to furnish unequivocal proof that the alleged payment was made by you or how it was made.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brigadier! I salute you, Sir. :-D

Hi if you need any help just let me know.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE : Hi Brigadier, I need your advise (and possibly another stern letter).

I have just received a very thick envelope from Capquest, regarding the SB account, which they are claiming is not (due to a mysterious £1 payment).

In it they have included a stack of photocopied statements from the original creditor, one of which contains the mysterious payment of £1, on the date they claim.

However, nowhere on the statement or in the covering letter, does it state who made the payment, by what method etc etc.

This isn't 'unequivocal' proof that I made any payment is it?

They state in their letter, that this stack of photocopies proves that the account is not SB as a payment was made in the last 6 years and they await my letter/call for payment.

Your help as always would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi spacecadet,

Ok what is the date of this payment, were you in any kind of repayment plan at the time of this alleged payment?

Would you have made a CCA request, statutory fee is £1.00?

Alleged payment is July 2007.

No repayment plan. And it would be a strange one at that if there were sporadic one off £1 payments with no set sequence?!?!?!

I have NEVER made a CCA/SAR request to anyone EVER!

Thanks.

It is certainly suspicious that this ''payment'' comes to light now, what date in July please?

02 July.

Good, then ignore Crapquest until the 3rd of JULY, the SB letter already sent did NOT restart the 6 year clock.

they are trying it on - the asshols, sure Brig will supply a useful letter for you! asking them to prove source of payment>

Don't think we'll need to do anything as yet 2nd July 2007 less than a month to go anyway, so unless Crapquest do anything silly leave well alone.

Thank you Brigadier.

I'll leave it be for now then.

Just out of curiosity, what did you mean by doing something silly?

Attempting further collection activities.

UPDATE : Hi Brigadier, I need your help again please. Had a phone call from Robinson Way regarding their alleged debt. This after I sent the SB letter and they sent a reply stating that they were investigating my SB claim.

Since the letter regarding their pending investigation I have had no further communication from them.

The person asked me to identify myself and run through the security questions. I refused to play ball and said I do not ever confirm/deny my identity and I assuredly never ever give out personal info over the phone to ANYONE!

At that point I hung up.

Advice? Another letter?

Thanks.

let them play

well done.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

let them play

well done.

dx

I agree let them mess around. I have known RW try to ''encourage'' individuals to admit liability for such debts so you have done the right thing.

Silly fools, stick the handset in the drawer and carry on doing something more interesting, like watching paint dry....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I'm a fan of just whistling down the phone till they hang up, or playing Gangnam style down it. Remember, it is YOUR phone, not theirs. You have every right to do whatever you feel like when you are on it. These muppets have no right to call you and only do to try and get you to give them info so they can fabricate a debt.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D