Impact collection services for Vanquis card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,was needing some advice please.

I have previously been in debt up to my eyeballs and managed to get a DMP in place,and gradually it is all going down.

However,my wife has a CC with vanquis and she is not included on the DMP.

Now she only has a small limit of £300 and up until a couple of months ago she was working and making payments.

Some months the full amount was paid others only minimum payments.

Now she has lost her income and we cannot afford to pay the card off.

We were inundated with calls from vanquis and now we have received a letter from Impact Collection Services asking for a payment in full.

Obviously we cannot afford to make the payment (otherwise i wouldn't be on here :wink:)

but i have tried to reason with them over the phone to stop interest and charges and let me make an affordable payment of £30 per month to clear the debt,

i should also point out here that my wife will not talk to them as she feels harassed by them and is not fully conversant in english.

However they refuse to deal with me and keep demanding that she talks to them.

I want to clear the debt,we are not trying to run from it,

but i just want the constant calls to my mobile???

to end and also cant see the point in them keep adding £12 charges and interest when we cannot afford to make the payments.

Can anyone offer some advice please on what my next move should be?

Many thanks

Ok ,thanks from now on we will only deal with in writing.

Is there a specific letter template that i can use to send them so that they hopefully will agree to stop interest and charges and also accept the offer of repayment.

I dont want to be badgered into paying more at this moment in time than what we can afford,but on the same token if my minimum repayments are not going to see the outstanding balance reduce,then i dont see the point in paying...i am stuck really in knowing how to deal with these people directly to pay the debt down.

Thanks

YOU should be in control of these idiots, what money you have is YOURS. Tell them you will pay £xxx amount every month and YOU will review it in six months time. Should your circumstances change, you will let them know and increase your payments. Remember, you TELL them. You have to be direct with these idiots. If they decide to take further action, no Judge will condemn you as you are offering what you can afford. Anyhow, I doubt these idiots would take it that far.

YOU are in CONTROL, not them and treat them this way. The sooner you realise that, the stress falls away and you can concentrate on sorting your own personal problems out without worrying about failed individuals who work in the DCA industry. Write to them, be firm and tell them this is YOUR final offer.

The Banksta Buster.

:-x :-x

YOU should be in control of these idiots, what money you have is YOURS. Tell them you will pay £xxx amount every month and YOU will review it in six months time. Should your circumstances change, you will let them know and increase your payments. Remember, you TELL them. You have to be direct with these idiots. If they decide to take further action, no Judge will condemn you as you are offering what you can afford. Anyhow, I doubt these idiots would take it that far.

YOU are in CONTROL, not them and treat them this way. The sooner you realise that, the stress falls away and you can concentrate on sorting your own personal problems out without worrying about failed individuals who work in the DCA industry. Write to them, be firm and tell them this is YOUR final offer.

Thanks i appreciate that view,but what i am worried about is even if i insist that they are only getting a certain amount of money each month what happens if they carry on piling the charges and interest,effectively this would mean the debt would probably take years to repay for a smallish amount.

Do i write to them and tell them that my wife agrees to pay the debt at £30 per month but only if all charges and interest is stopped?

This is where i am falling down as Vanquis have such high interest charges minimum payments would just be negated with charges.

Thanks

Tell them they will get 30 a month if all interest and charges freeze. Tell them in the letter that no payment will be made until this is a agreed in writing. If they say fail to agree to this. Drop them to £1 a month for life

Please add to my reputation....

SUCCESS - Capital One PPI, Three Mobile charges, Orange Mobile charges, MBNA PPI

Wonga, Lowell, MMF 2 accounts, Provident x 3 Accounts, (ALL Unable to provide CCA)

Thanks i appreciate that view,but what i am worried about is even if i insist that they are only getting a certain amount of money each month what happens if they carry on piling the charges and interest,effectively this would mean the debt would probably take years to repay for a smallish amount.

Do i write to them and tell them that my wife agrees to pay the debt at £30 per month but only if all charges and interest is stopped?

This is where i am falling down as Vanquis have such high interest charges minimum payments would just be negated with charges.

Thanks

Dan, I'm used to using a tougher line that involves sending them your own fee schedule and charge THEM for your time on dealing with their correspondence. Tell them you will charge them for received phone calls, notify them that by phoning / writing to you will make them enter a contract with you and therefor they agree to your fee schedule. At first they will ignore the fees but continue to charge them, send them invoices even if you use paypal to create invoices, charge them ridiculous amounts. I'd...

1) Tell them what YOU can afford to pay

2) Tell them to halt interest charges otherwise they get nothing. You will review the situation after 6 months. You have NOT agreed to their interest rates.

3) Tell them, further correspondence will incur your fees (i.e. £50 per phone call, £200 per letter / email and your hourly rate of £100ph for example)

4) Send it registered / recorded delivery.

Keep a record of all your payments and stop once you have fulfilled the INITIAL debt. They can then sing for the rest. These bottom feeders normally offer a discount to those who don't pay a penny. These DCA's are Jokers, treat them that way. At the end of th day, NO ONE can say you are refusing to furnish your debt.

Put the kettle on, have a cuppa, sink a digestive or three and take control buddy!

The Banksta Buster.

Have u got anywhere with this schedule and the dca's

Please add to my reputation....

SUCCESS - Capital One PPI, Three Mobile charges, Orange Mobile charges, MBNA PPI

Wonga, Lowell, MMF 2 accounts, Provident x 3 Accounts, (ALL Unable to provide CCA)

Yes, they don't want to enter into a contract and 99% give up and pass the parcel. You have to be very persistent and become the pest. Flood their email with bills and demands. I have DO NOT IGNORE notices that I auto send from my email 3 times a day when they fail to pay the 28 day payment contract I set up, simply them replying to my correspondence enters them into contract, otherwise they just disappear and pass the debt on eventually. Had a old Virgin Media bill that's gone around 7 different DCAs now it's all gone quiet since Sept last year.

The Banksta Buster.

Thanks very much,after another four calls today i will be sitting down and writing the letter tonight.

These people are really stressing us both out,i can't understand why they are doing this,we have said we want to pay the debt but they just persist in ignoring us and carry on harrasing my personal mobile.

Oh well,it's about time i told them what is going to happen.

Thanks

Whilst you are writing to them, insist they only communicate in writing, further calls to your mobile or landline will be interpreted as Harassment which is a criminal offence and contrary to the Telecommunications Act. If they continue to call, you will report them to OFCOM.

Relax, because you have offered to pay, they will try and intimidate you and force you into paying money you cannot afford in one go. They are ****. Just think of the desperate call center workers tied to their phone, being monitored by the company ACD system and bullying them into making as many calls as possible whilst earning a bowl of rice a day. Picture them sitting in nothing more than a Pig Pen with a phone. They are only brave because they are at the end of a phone, you are dealing with numpties, people even McDonald's would not touch.

Relax over the weekend, after writing your demands and putting pen to paper you'll feel better and in control. These idiots don't want demanding letters as they make them work. They are looking for easy targets, that's why the phone is the biggest weapon they have. I'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction with regards to wording instructing them to cease phone calls. If they persist, you must log each call (DON'T ANSWER THEM) just note the Number and Time / Date.

The Banksta Buster.

Dan send them this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter get proof of posting which is free from the PO counter.

When they ring, just laugh and hang up, keep a diary of events regarding these calls, with a view of reporting them to your local police station for the criminal offence of harassment.

Deal with them in writing ONLY.

IMO if they have requested the balance to be paid IN FULL, then the agreement has been terminated, therefore they should not be adding interest OR charges to this as the account is no longer bound by the T&C's you agreed to.

However, whilst they are still adding these charges, you will only pay them the legal minimum of £1 a month, once they stop adding fees/interest/charges then you can increase the amount you wish to pay them, but this is purely YOUR decision of how much to pay them.

All of the charges including interest can be reclaimed, if they won't refund them, then you ONLY pay what you physically owe less for their added charges & interest.

Keep everything in writing.

Keep a diary of events.

Keep laughing at them when they ring.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Whilst you are writing to them, insist they only communicate in writing, further calls to your mobile or landline will be interpreted as Harassment which is a criminal offence and contrary to the Telecommunications Act. If they continue to call, you will report them to OFCOM.

Relax, because you have offered to pay, they will try and intimidate you and force you into paying money you cannot afford in one go. They are ****. Just think of the desperate call center workers tied to their phone, being monitored by the company ACD system and bullying them into making as many calls as possible whilst earning a bowl of rice a day. Picture them sitting in nothing more than a Pig Pen with a phone. They are only brave because they are at the end of a phone, you are dealing with numpties, people even McDonald's would not touch.

Relax over the weekend, after writing your demands and putting pen to paper you'll feel better and in control. These idiots don't want demanding letters as they make them work. They are looking for easy targets, that's why the phone is the biggest weapon they have. I'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction with regards to wording instructing them to cease phone calls. If they persist, you must log each call (DON'T ANSWER THEM) just note the Number and Time / Date.

They ignore all correspondence with crap auto replies. cease phone calls do not work, all correspondence by E-Mail = does not work.

Impact being Vanquis Bank DCA! have they not defaulted you yet?

I offered them a figure if they stopped charges for a time and only contact by e-mail, they have ignored, all e-mails by sending silly contact us by phone, they have blocked their site so cann ot see account now, so as I see it you try and be reasonable thwey are ignorant/un-educated, quick turn over call centre staff no doubt, you know Provident group .

Edited by Old Cogger
:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: