Ford Transit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Purchased a new Ford Transit with 7 miles on clock in May 2012, having driven it home from the dealer I opened the bonnet to look at how clean the engine would be as new to find rust on the engine block and manifold and after checking the van rust on the hinges.

Dealer had also failed to configure the locking as requested and van developed a fault with rear parking sensors also.

I contacted the dealer who simply did not phone me back despite numerous phone calls and in the end six weeks later wrote to the finance company who assured me after a further three weeks that should anything happen that dealer would take responsibility. They requested I let the dealer inspect the vehicle and due to a combination of the contract I was on at the time and the dealer hours did not get the van in until 24'th Dec 2012, was going away for 18 days and this seemed the perfect fit. I left the vehicle and keys with a note stating all the remedial work that was required. I had also booked the vehicle in with Ford customer service and was assured they had made a note of all the problems and would be passing them on with my booking.

I returned from my trip to find no work had been undertaken and was made to wait another two hours approx. so they could look at the reversing sensors but then not to rebuild the step (only noticed when I got home as collected in darkness) and drop the brain for the locking but leave it hanging down and not programme it correctly anyway.

I now contacted Ford UK with my complaints via email and spent weeks again waiting on replies as staff members left and the new ones needed to be filled in as to what had happened again and again. During this period Ford issued a recall as there was an issue with the brake line and the engine developed a knocking noise and seems to have lost some power.

Ford UK agreed that I did not have to take it back to the original dealer and booked me in with a local dealer who was to inspect the van and speak to them re the various problems.

I have been there today and knew I was on a hiding to nothing when their mechanic tried to blame the engine rust on wear and tear despite the fact has been there from new and never the less should not be that bad after 11 months.

They have blamed the rust on the inside hinges on outside influences despite again being there from new and the rust on the back door hinges on a lack of grease, now I know vans are workhorses but I fail to see where Ford have issued advice as to keep your hinges greased.

They would not do any work at this dealer as Ford UK have told them I am to take it back to Polar Ford and therefore the brain for the locking still hanging down, the reversing sensors where not touched and the rest was a fob-off. They could hear the knocking noise but as their diagnostic told them no fault could not do anything and come back if fault developed, the fact the van broke down the week before and would not start did not help.

I now feel that I should go SOGA on them and reject the van, I know it is over six months old but the majority of problems have arisen prior to this period and have been notified to Ford. I have serviced the vehicle correctly but even that was an argument as the service book states 15 k and the dealer insisted it was 20k for the first service.

I know my way round SOGA but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions and advise as to how my length of ownership and continued use of the van may affect any claim I could make.