Prescription Problems

John B/ham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all , i've just joined today as i need some advice if possible,

ok, like a fair few im going through the same as many concerning my incapacity been stopped, my last payment was on the 27thMarch, i sent in a gl24 form with doctors note saying i want to appeal thier decision of nil points, on the 23rd march, as yet not heard anything back from them pretty straight forward right? right

Anyway this week just gone an over the wkend i've become ill with a severe chest infection, i phone my Gp this morning for an appointment, but didn't have any so was give a call back, the GP called me back spoke to me asked me a few questions the said he'd write me a prescription an i could pick it up from reception,

This is where my problems started, as ive no money i walked the nearly 2 miles to doctors, (with severe chest infection) picked up my prescription, an went to the chemists, on handing it over i was asked about filing in the reverse, i said im not in recept of benifits, as my last payment was on the 27thMarch i had no money an couldn't pay either, so they did not an would not serve me to the antibiotics, i went back to the doctors, but receptionist couldn't really help, saying that they dont keep drugs on premises, i then walk another mile to jcp an asked to speak to disability advisor, who just told me to sign on, i told him i put a claim in with doctors note could he tell me if its been recieved he said he couldn't as dont have those details, i said you would have my detail on computer, but he wouldn't so still dont no if my claim as been recieved,ask him about my prescription and not being in recept of benifit, an as a result of my benifits being stopped no money, he just said what do you us to do about it, this is a job centre, to which i said im wasting my time you dont want to help anybody an left, (really wishing i could off shouted at him but i cant because i've lost my voice an can only talk in a whisper)

So then went to CAB went through it with a woman there, who couldn't really offer me any advice, told her no money to pay for it , an no benifits to fill the back in, she sugested i go to connect to see if i could get a crissis loan, which i did, but as they only deal in vouchers, this would be no good for a presciption, she was helpful an phoned round a few people to see what can be done, other that saying just tick one of the boxes on the back (which would be fraud) an both laughed, so is this an oversight,by the powers that be all is there aim to kill us all off,i told them that even terrorist are entilted to medical treament , an i cant get a bottle of antibiotics, i can borrow off anyone at the min, as used a lot of favours, last week for gas ,elec an food

so any ideas as to how to get my presciption

thx john

If you've submitted your gl24 - or notified the DWP that you are appealing - then you will be entitled to the assessment rate of ESA. If your ESA is Income Related then just tick that box for your prescription ...

EDIT: You're not 'not on benefits' as your payments will continue from the date you notified the DWP of your appeal irrespective of when that payment hits your account. Just make sure you keep sending in (un)fit notes in plenty of time before the current one expires.

If you sent in your GL24 then you will automatically get assessment rate ESA whilst your claim is reviewed and / or sent to Tribunal. In essence, nothing has changed for you. Go get your prescription!

Thx again RaeUk, but me being me, get a letter saying benifits stopped = nothing

an untill i recieve one saying i am going to get assessment rate, im still getiing nothing, so haven't filled it in on the grounds of not yet knowing if that make sense,

thx again

I understand your point of view but, having submitted your GL24 you can consider yourself entitled. I appreciate you'd rather see something in writing but that might still be a week or two away. In the meantime, you have a chest infection to combat. The date that you sign for your prescription will be covered by future DWP correspondence.

Some prescription dispensers request proof of beneft entitlement as they are conducting 100% checks on any prescriptions with income related benefits declared to expempt the person from paying the prescription charges. As you have submitted the appeal you are able to complete the back of the prescription to declare that you are in receipt f benefits as long as it is the income related benefit that you normally receive, if it is contribution base benefits then you would be liable to pay the charge and can reclaim on te grounds of low income.

ok update, thx for all your quick replies, i ticked the box on the back , signed it, a 20min walk to asda, coughing all the way ,got my tablets, so hopefully will be getting better soon:-Dalso i hope my post can be of help to someone else if ever the same arises

thx john

thankyou Nystagmite,

im looking forwards to a few nites unbroke sleep once they start to take effect, instead of waking myself up coughing as been the last 4 nights

oh an the woodpecker on the tree outside my bedroom window at 6:30am the last 3 morning lol