style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to you all, thanks for reading and any advice is really appreciated.

I am going to file for bancruptcy very soon and there are a few questions that I need help with.

1. My debts span the last 13 years, most of which I was taking drugs and drinking lots (not my finest hour). Having not paid or ignored any attempts to speak with me I have lost track of who and how much. Where can I get this information from?

2. I have basically been living with no fixed address for the last couple of years but have used my Mothers address for post and also stayed here for a few months when I could get work in the area. I don't want her to be affected by my bankruptcy, is there anyway of keeping her out of the bankruptcy whilst staying at her house or can you file for bankruptcy whilst being NFA?

Thanks for your time.

• 1 month later...

Hi Harry

First thing to do would be to gain copies of your credit file from the credit reference agencies, this is the first step the consumer credit counselling service would advise you of, as then you know how much you owe.

Second point - your mother would not be involved in your bankruptcy at all. It is a personal financial issue and has no effect on the address at all. It doesn't appear in the local papers like it used to so no one would know unless they searched for your details on the insolvency service website

Nottslad is correct. The bankruptcy will only affect you. Nobody else. Nor will it affect an address.

THe first thing you need to do is sit down and go through your credit files and go through each and every debt you have. Most debts have reclaimable penalty fee's/PPI. Others are completely unenforceable due to no paperwork and can pretty much be written off.

Can you make a list of all your debts and with who is chasing you for each? Check your credit files and see what is listed. If any DCA's that are chasing you arent listed on the Credit file, you need to be asking why.

Debts can also become Statute barred which rendered them unenforceable int he eyes of the law. This means ANY debt ( bar mortgages etc) will not be claimable or enforceable once 6 clear years have passed since the last payment you made or written acknowledgement of the debt (5 years in scotland).

DCA's have little regard for law or regulation, so will keep chasing you until you tell them the debts are statute barred.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D