Orange / Lowell Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I use to have a phone contract with orange between 2008 - 2010.

In 2010 I separated from my partner, who also had a phone on the same contract.

After leaving my partner ran up a bill on the phone, which I paid and then requested the phone was blocked.

I had numerous conversations with Orange at the time both over the phone and in the branch explaining the situation and the fact she held this phone and we were going through a divorce and it was actually their suggestion to block her phone.

In fact they didn't block her phone and allowed her to continue making calls, when she exceeded the credit limit (which at the time was about £120), she paid the bill herself, even though she had no authority to access the account. She then disputed the payment and got the money reversed back onto her card while continuing to use the phone. In the end the Bill totaled almost £900.

At this point Orange had blocked all phones on the contract and I made my position clear with regards to the outstanding bill and they suggested I just use a pay as you go SIM in my phone, which I did for almost 2 years.

At that was basically the end of it. UNTIL NOW.

Orange have basically confirmed that I contacted them about this, but say because I didn't request a total bar on the account that I am still liable for to pay this full bill.

I am happy to pay for any line rental owing, but not prepared to pay hundreds of pounds in calls from a phone that should have been blocked, especially as Orange had even told me that the credit limit on my account was £120.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Ignore Lowlifes, they have zero powers anyway, totally ignore them.

Get onto Orange and exhaust its complaints procedure, pay NOTHING to anyone until Orange deal with your complaint to your satisfaction.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!