Is it too late to contact the CSA

smartgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, can anyone please advise? Any advice would be really appreciated. My son has just turned 18 this Jan and is in full time education. Although his father has paid maintenance, this has been out of duty rather than out of love and in my opinion not really enough. In that, he has just paid the minimum of what the Government says it costs to bring up a child. The CM was always an informal arrangement and not through the CSA because I was manipulated into not getting the them involved. I.e. he said he would f**k off and live in Canada if I did. My ex partner says he will stop paying me in September this year (although our son will still be 18) but will pay it to our son direct which sounds reasonable but I don't trust him to do this.

I'm really struggling financially and have been for years and do worry that I will not be able to cope when my son reaches 19. I work 32.5 hours a week only and don't get any benefits apart from Working Tax Credit and Child benefit which will also end soon.

It's so unfair. My son's father has contacted me recently to tell me about all the holidays he will be taking and about buying a retirement home and I just feel like life is not worth living. Is it too late to contact the CSA just to ensure our son is looked after at least.

The CSA, broadly speaking, could be involved until Child Benefit stops. But if the father is paying maintenance, why would you want to involve them? Is he paying about 15% of his net (take home) pay? That's what the CSA would expect.

If things can be managed amicably, it is far better to do this. However, if that's not possible then for now yes, you could involve the CSA. Your entitlement to maintenance ends when your son reaches (I think) 19 years old or leaves full-time non-higher education. Once CB ends, your son may be able to claim benefits in his own right.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.