Default from cancelling a contract....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've landed here following a bit of a google to find some information regarding Vodafone and credit file defaults.

I've only recently discovered the default after checking my Equifax report in preparation for a mortgage application. The default was posted on 03/08/2008 for a sum of £28 and it is recorded as Satisfied on 03/04/2009.

As it was so long ago I've had to rack my brain to recall the details of this contract! I seem to remember when I ended my contract there was some confusion between myself and Vodafone regarding outstanding payments and contract end dates.

I initially called Vodafone to cancel my contract with the required notice, I also wrote to them as advised to do so. I was told in my phone call to cancel my direct debit, as I would be issued a final bill which I could settle when I received it. From what I recall I wasn't issued a final bill, as Vodafone had not cancelled my contract, for which they tried to take a payment which didn't go through. I seem to remember it taking quite a few conversations to reach a resolution on this contract, by which time my account was classed as defaulted.

As you can probably tell, the details are a little sketchy in my mind. I also have no records of what was said over the time. Do you think it is likely that records of this will still be recorded by Vodafone and they will be able to look into it?

I do know at the time that I was very annoyed by the way I was treated - in fact i will still not entertain a Vodafone service, neither will my family. However I never looked into my credit file as I had no need to. Fast forward and I have £28 sat there potentially stopping me buying my own house!

Sorry for rambling a little, just hoping some people on here can offer a bit of advice....?

Many thanks,

Craig.

The voda team will pick this up soon... declined the higher interest payments for the sake £28 is shocking!

Do some digging and see if you have been paying more on borrowing in the past... I think the web relations team will resolve this, it'd be interesting to see how out of pocket you were over a meagre £28....

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

locutus - I agree about it being crazy for £28. It's angered me, as I didn't know it was there and I'd have paid tripple that to keep my credit history clean!

Since that contract I've only had one new form of credit, that was a credit card. It was on a much higher rate (34.0%) but I didn't think anything of it to be honest.

I wouldn't know where to start with working out what that £28 has cost me on that card, but my main concern is the fact it's there now and causing me issues for the mortgage.

As I said, it's so frustrating when I look at my CRA file and it's all perfect - apart from this stupid £28 that I'm convinced wasn't my fault and know could have been avoided!

Lee - I missed your call yesterday.

I've replied to your e-mail but not sure these come directly to you?

If you could call me again today between 13:30 and 15:30 that would be great.

Regards,

Craig

Thanks for the call Lee. All info emailed through as requested.

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your time on the phone at the weekend.

As discussed, I'll get this matter reviewed further once you've got back to me.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK