Vodafone - Absolute Incompetence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So after about 8 hours on the phone to various people and 3 visits to Vodafone shops I have now been told my number cannot be transferred.

My old contract with 3 finished and I decided to move to Vodafone PAYG. I transferred my PAC code on 27/02/13 and expected a smooth transfer. How wrong could I be.

I was initially informed it would be done within 2 working days. By 04/03/13 it still had'nt been transferred hence me calling Vodafone after 1 hour trying to get through I gave up and decided to go into store where I was told ot would be done within a few days by 08/03/2013 it still wasn't so i decided to visit the Trafford Centre store where I was met with a belligerent man who didn't seem to know what was going on and gave me a new sim and said it would be done my 11/12th of March.

Obviously this wasn't done so I went back into store and was promtly told my PAC code had been transferred to an old Vodafone system and their was nothing they could do. I requested their complaints procedure and called them up.

After speaking to a lady called Ann on 14/03/13 I was advised I would be required to wait until the PAC code had expired which was the 18/03/2013 and get a new one from my old provider.

Lo and behold I called my old provider who are unable to issue a new PAC code as this number has already been lost by Vodafone during the porting process. So after another 2 hours wasted this morning on the phone to Vodafone and 3 . I have now been advised due to Vodafone's complete f**k up I can't have my number ported in and a measly £40 free credit doesn't cut the mustard.

I have now been left wondering what is going on and with little hope of this being sorted.

Would you suggest accepting the £40 free credit or taking this further via OFCOM/FOS ?

They certainly haven't heard the end of this.

Hi welcome to CAG follow these instructions then come back Lee will do all he can to help ok

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAGlink31.gif is with the very best of intentions.

vodafonelink3.gif UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAGlink31.gif and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at webrelations@vodafone.com quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

Many thanks

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK.

Edited by mikeymack2002

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.