c.a.r.s DCA constant calls texts letters/harrassment/doorstep visits

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A brief outline, I have had 40+ calls texts letters in 4 months from various DCA's and had had enogh of asking them to stop

finally I grab the raging bull by the horns and didnt let them go,

they refused to comply with kind requests to stop intimidating me,

so after much help over time from here,

I had a 39 hour ride to success and rode out the storm,

still I only have this 1 debt that WILL be sorted soon,

my advise is for everyone to look learn listen to advise given here as its invaluable and it WORKS

if I can help I will I am no hit and runner lol 101 posts with no qualifications in law but a great understanding of it now,

I can run rings around a 3rd year law student now I can now relax and be me again, worry free and happy once more, with the knowledge gained here I can now help others both on here and in my community thx To the CAG long may it live

Thank you once again for your telephone call on the 28/02/2013 timed at 19:39.

Your company has been as far as I am concerned harassing me by text and on a mobile number,

you have been requested by email to refrain from this and yet you still refuse to write a letter and state your intentions,

as I said in my email earlier this week I WILL take action against you if you refuse,

so therefore I must inform you that on the 28/02/2013 I made an official complaint about you to the FSO (Financial Services Ombudsman)

I was given a reference number of ********,

my call was placed on the following date and time 19:48 on the 28/02/2013 to number 0800 023 **** and they are now aware of your constant texts and calls

you are HERBY INFORMED one last time before action in the Southend County court for harassment under Protection From Harassment Act 1997; Communications Act 2003 s127;

I will no longer tolerate your harassment at all.

You are hereby instructed to remove the telephone number *********** from all of your systems immediately and to communicate in writing only,

this is your final warning,

this email must be followed up by you in writing that you clearly understand my request,

failure to do will will result in legal action on the above acts and complaints to the relevant authorities for your fitness to hold a credit license in 5 working days of 28/02/2013 no further comminication will be entered into with you regarding the account number ******** period,

As the account is in dispute as per my last email to you this week

I then got this from the DCA after they recieved notice from the FOS

Dear ************

I can confirm that your telephone number has been removed as requested, also the account have been closed and returned to our client ******* ****.

Please contact the client if you are disputing the repayment option as stated in a previous conversation.

Kind regards

Total response time with the DCA/FOS was 39 hours from start to finish and the only reason I have posted this is that the DCA complaints system is not sustainable for customer complaints, as all they want is your money,

so please stick to your guns stand firm take no rubbish from them :whoo:

The scores on the doors is as follows MM 19 DCA's 0

Edited by mikeymack2002

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• 3 months later...

I had been receiving untold amount of fone calls from c.a.r.s and complained and the whole issues was resolved in 36 hours so please all complain and see the end of this method of harassment IT DOES WORK As of Friday 15/03/2013 still no letter from cars, but had the response from the FOS stating that the DCA MUST remove my number or face further action.

I said to CARS I have already received a reply from the FOS so please resend your letter if by then you receive another email from me this is so I can take the matter up with ****** the original OC

C.A.R.S was told by the FOS to remove my number straight away, and to this date have never had another call from them, they were also informed that they must now only communicate in writing as per MY request, again no further contact with this DCA

Edited by honeybee13

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I am very pleased to hear that the FOS have sided with you on this issue. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D